• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling collection - questions (this is NOT a sale thread)

23 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been out of the link for so long - RL can be a pain sometimes. Any way - due to current economic conditions I find it necessary to liquidate the majority of my books. So I've come here with what options you all believe to be the best available to me to sell at a good (fair) price and minimal fuss (read: packing and shipping). :grin:

You can see the large majority of my collection via my signature link, HOWEVER, I DO have a significant amount of duplicates (SSOC and What If) that are not shown along with some other bronze, yellow labels, moderns, (not drek, but good books) and some other non-CGC books (full run of Preacher off the top of my head). The vast majority are all CGC graded. One statue - Iron Man and one statue of Green Arrow

So on to the options I see that I have.

1). Find some kind hearted collector that would be willing to take the ENTIRE lot off my hands. I would like to see an AVERAGE of 60.00 per book based on what is currently registered with CGC. Obviously this is low for some and generous for others. Yes - I'm hoping to hit a target amount for those curious. This is my most desirable option, but I don't know if I would realize the target price I'm seeking. Is this a good course? Does anyone even know of anyone that still buys whole collections (non-Silver and Gold mind you).

2). Consign/sell all the CGC books to Comiclink, Pedigree or Heritage. Pros - still get rid of the majority of the collection quickly. Cons - high fees, still have to find a home for the non-CGC graded.

3). Sell here on the boards. While I like the familiarity concept of this option - I've never been comfortable placing a price on books, I feel I either ask to much and there's no sale OR I don't ask enough and it sells in 30 seconds. (I no longer have a subscription to GPA). Additionally, I do NOT have a scanner right now and am loathe to put funds for something that I'm only to use for a very short time. I know most of us like to see photos of what we are buying. Another con is I would most likely have to pack and ship each book. :P

4). Ebay - obviously in last place. Probably the largest (or nearly so) market place. Cons - fees, packing/shipping, no scanner for photos, those buyers that like to take 15 days to pay (if at all).

So those are the options I see in best to least favorite. Couple of bits to account for: I do NOT need to sell next week so my target price is pretty firm.

Thanks for any suggestions! :grin:

Borrow a scanner from a kind fellow boardee in Seattle, buy a temp subscription to GPA ($10 for a month) and sell here. The savings from fees will more than make up for the GPA subscription. You'll have a few board members buy several books cutting down on the number of packages to mail out. ^^

You definitely need the GPA subscription and a scanner.

The ComicLink fees don't seem to be too high. QualityComix will not charge a commission on CGC books over $100. However, with the help of GPA, selling here on the boards seems like an excellent option. Unless you have items that rarely come up for auction, you should have a good idea of their value.

If you are going for top dollar, ComicLink is the way to go, but with a $60 average, you are probably best off giving it a shot here.

I was just going to make a joke about your inevitable comic book sale, but now that it's economically motivated (and not just your usual Collector ADD), it's not quite so funny. :sorry:

Good luck. (thumbs u

You might take a look at our buying system and see if you want to sell anything to mycomicshop.

Our buying system is located at http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics

You can read feedback from people who have sold to us here:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/feedback?section=BT

We will buy anything on our want list--which is based on what inventory we already have in stock. Any books published 1980 or previous are always on our want list, as are any CGC'd books.

Since we are buying to resell, we can't pay what you'd get if you were selling directly to another collector, but our prices should be very competitive with what any other dealer might offer, and selling to us is a lot less hassle than selling piecemeal on eBay or other venues, and we'll buy both CGC'd and non-CGC'd books.

We only show buying prices up to 9.6 for non CGC'd books, but we do pay more for 9.8 than 9.6. If you choose to offer anything to us for sale, you will know our offer prices before you ever ship us anything.

Our buying page for What If

Our buying page for Savage Sword of Conan

Conan

I was just going to make a joke about your inevitable comic book sale, but now that it's economically motivated (and not just your usual Collector ADD), it's not quite so funny. :sorry:

Good luck. (thumbs u

Thanks Vince - I wish it was just ADD. :)

Let's see the modern drek! :popcorn:

Oh wait! This isn't a sales thread. doh!:(

Let me know when you're selling the modern drek! :popcorn:

If I'm able to acquire a scanner for a nominal fee I will certainly sell on the boards first. Thanks for your interest! :)

You might take a look at our buying system and see if you want to sell anything to mycomicshop.

Our buying system is located at http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics

You can read feedback from people who have sold to us here:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/feedback?section=BT

We will buy anything on our want list--which is based on what inventory we already have in stock. Any books published 1980 or previous are always on our want list, as are any CGC'd books.

Since we are buying to resell, we can't pay what you'd get if you were selling directly to another collector, but our prices should be very competitive with what any other dealer might offer, and selling to us is a lot less hassle than selling piecemeal on eBay or other venues, and we'll buy both CGC'd and non-CGC'd books.

We only show buying prices up to 9.6 for non CGC'd books, but we do pay more for 9.8 than 9.6. If you choose to offer anything to us for sale, you will know our offer prices before you ever ship us anything.

Our buying page for What If

Our buying page for Savage Sword of Conan

Conan

Excellent! :)

I will certainly keep your services in mind.

Scottish,

You may want to sell the Valiant slabs on the boards at valiantfans.com

Feel free to say I directed you there and use me as a reference if you are not already a member so you don't get razzed too much for your first post being a selling post.

If I'm able to acquire a scanner for a nominal fee I will certainly sell on the boards first. Thanks for your interest! :)

I smell a "let's all donate $5 to get Scottish a scanner" thread on the way. hm

Scottish,

Feel free to say I directed you there and use me as a reference if you are not already a member so you don't get razzed too much for your first post being a selling post.

Thank you! I will check it out.

I smell a "let's all donate $5 to get Scottish a scanner" thread on the way. hm

While I would appreciate the sentiment I'm not in such dire straits that I need charity. :) My selling is to help prevent such an occurrence.

Scottish,

Thank you! I will check it out.

woah there buddy before you do that let me have a look see at your valiants :cloud9: