• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All American Comics 61

19 posts in this topic

Anyone on here got a copy of this unrestored VG or above? I haven't seen the book for sale that often but of course I haven't actually been seeing if it has been up for sale until last week. Seems like a lot of them are restored and the highest copies in the census unrestored are 7.5. How hard is this book to find in decent shape unrestored?

Anyone on here got a copy of this unrestored VG or above? I haven't seen the book for sale that often but of course I haven't actually been seeing if it has been up for sale until last week. Seems like a lot of them are restored and the highest copies in the census unrestored are 7.5. How hard is this book to find in decent shape unrestored?

Long-time collectors know this book has a classic Solomon Grundy cover and is highly sought after by collectors. Virtually impossible to find in high grade. I don't believe that I have seen one show up yet in any of the major auctions. Not only will you end up paying mulitples of guide for a high grade copy, even major dealers have this book on their want lists and have been willing to pay over guide for it in grade.

the following copies are available

3 issue(s) available that match your request:

ALL AMERICAN COMICS ----------------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

61 VF/NM 9 $4,800.00 - 65% = $1,680.00

(1st Solomon Grundy slight r)

61 FN 6 $1,700.00

(UNRESTORED 1st Solomon Grundy)

61 GD+ 2.5 $575.00

Long-time collectors know this book has a classic Solomon Grundy cover and is highly sought after by collectors. Virtually impossible to find in high grade. I don't believe that I have seen one show up yet in any of the major auctions. Not only will you end up paying mulitples of guide for a high grade copy, even major dealers have this book on their want lists and have been willing to pay over guide for it in grade.

You also forgot to mention it's Grundy's 1st appearance. A really high grade copy I either would never be able to afford or I probably would rather spend that type of money on a different book.

This would probably be something I'd probably look at once I'm done with school. It doesn't really fit in the rest of my collection and I'm trying to stay somewhat on track. I just wanted to get an idea of what's out there. I know the Gerbers a 6. The only 6 I have that's also a key was somewhat troublesome and expensive to get but I have seen a few more nicer unrestored copies than what I have seen for the AAC 61.

BTW Thanks for the info Metro.

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

61 FN 6 $1,700.00

61 GD+ 2.5 $575.00

A VF/NM at 65% off, now that's a deal! Got any Timely's @ 65% off?

Timely

On 12/27/2003 at 11:16 AM, metropoliscomics said:

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

61 FN 6 $1,700.00

61 GD+ 2.5 $575.00

:takeit: