• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for everbody who has seen the Wolverine Movie

42 posts in this topic

I would put the movie between incredible hulk and iron man. x-men 2 is still the best x-men movie.

X-Men 2 = :cloud9:

X-Men 3 = :cloud9::cloud9:

Wolverine Origins= :(

X-men 3? :P

????

I loved X-Men 3. It was better than FF 1 and 2, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, the first Hulk a few years back. Great movie IMHO.

It was better than those you listed lol , but not X-Men 2 :cloud9:

also DD Directors cut brought it out of the crap level for me.

Never saw the directors' cut. I'll check it out. (thumbs u

I would put the movie between incredible hulk and iron man. x-men 2 is still the best x-men movie.

Strangest statement ever - it's the Grand Canyon of quality between IH and IM, and X2 sucked monkey balls.

I loved X-Men 3. It was better than FF 1 and 2, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, the first Hulk a few years back. Great movie IMHO.

X3 is a very good action movie and the only reason it got hammered on nerd forums like this is because fanboys simply can't watch a movie without worrying about funny book continuity. It's also got more "movie moments" than X1 and X2 combined and actually had a story and plot, albeit a bit too much at times.

I also believe most haven't seen X2 in a very long time, as this storyless mess is quite embarrassing, as are Wolverine's (cough) fighting abilities.

X3 is a very good action movie and the only reason it got hammered on nerd forums like this is because fanboys simply can't watch a movie without worrying about funny book continuity. It's also got more "movie moments" than X1 and X2 combined and actually had a story and plot, albeit a bit too much at times.

I also believe most haven't seen X2 in a very long time, as this storyless mess is quite embarrassing, as are Wolverine's (cough) fighting abilities.

Regarding X3, I really enjoyed seeing Dark Phoenix, Beast, and the Morlocks all in one film. It was like a childhood dream becoming reality.

I liked it because a) it had a story and real plot and b) the action scenes were very well done.

Go watch X2 and then write a synopsis of the story... umm, Nightcrawler has a kewl bit at the start, Wolverine is sitting in the snow, then the X-Men have to fight lots of people, Magneto escapes, Storm flies the plane, more fights, We meet Bobby's family where were get the whole "gay is like being a mutant" deal pounded in and Wolverine gets shot in the head, Wolverine swings his claws at Lady D like an uncoordinated maroon, somehow a dam breaks and Phoenix dies... and no one searches for her body in the lake.

There is no real plot that ties the movie together, stuff just happens for 2 hours, kinda like a Star Wars prequel.

I'd have to go Ironman, the new Hulk, X-2, The Punisher with Thomas Jane, X-3, Wolverine...with Ironman above and beyond all the rest. Its the best Marvel movie ever made, IMHO...

Other than Spider-man.

The thing that really took away from Iron Man was the lame final "battle", where it looked the CGI team ran out of money so there was no budget for a big standoff.

I liked it because a) it had a story and real plot and b) the action scenes were very well done.

Go watch X2 and then write a synopsis of the story... umm, Nightcrawler has a kewl bit at the start, Wolverine is sitting in the snow, then the X-Men have to fight lots of people, Magneto escapes, Storm flies the plane, more fights, We meet Bobby's family where were get the whole "gay is like being a mutant" deal pounded in and Wolverine gets shot in the head, Wolverine swings his claws at Lady D like an uncoordinated maroon, somehow a dam breaks and Phoenix dies... and no one searches for her body in the lake.

There is no real plot that ties the movie together, stuff just happens for 2 hours, kinda like a Star Wars prequel.

Well said. (thumbs u

Strangest statement ever - it's the Grand Canyon of quality between IH and IM, and X2 sucked monkey balls.

How can a personal opinion be a strange statement? You liked X3 better than X2 and for me it's the other way around. But I would never say that your taste in movies is strange. I really don't know for what such postings are good for...

And yes, there is the Grand Canyon between IH and IM, I haven't said anything else. I meant Wolverine ist better than IH but not better than IM. I know, I should have said that IH was stood at the bottom of the list and IM on top of the list.

(thumbs u Very entertaining movie...

Jim

I'd have to go Ironman, the new Hulk, X-2, The Punisher with Thomas Jane, X-3, Wolverine...with Ironman above and beyond all the rest. Its the best Marvel movie ever made, IMHO...

Other than Spider-man.

The thing that really took away from Iron Man was the lame final "battle", where it looked the CGI team ran out of money so there was no budget for a big standoff.

Yeah, gotta agree there...the final "battle" did leave something to be desired...

And yes, there is the Grand Canyon between IH and IM, I haven't said anything else. I meant Wolverine ist better than IH but not better than IM.

That's the point of my comment, it really tells us little - like me saying that a new movie I saw is between The Godfather and Catwoman in terms of quality.

And yes, there is the Grand Canyon between IH and IM, I haven't said anything else. I meant Wolverine ist better than IH but not better than IM.

That's the point of my comment, it really tells us little - like me saying that a new movie I saw is between The Godfather and Catwoman in terms of quality.

Yes, sorry for that. Sometimes it's not easy as a non-native speaker to write down exactly the same what I really want to say. :makepoint:

I will be there Friday, I think I am the only one who really didn't care for Punisher (Thomas Jane) Why doesn't "War Zone" get any love???? As for X-Men...3 was entertaining, cheesey, just like "War Zone" but I like the non stop blood and violence, however X3 was good, It just seemed that guy (Rush Hour) guy director wanted this to be the LAST X-Men movie....I would love to see more and more X-men and New Mutants....least they killed Cyclops!

BTW Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome on this forum!!!

I will be there Friday, I think I am the only one who really didn't care for Punisher (Thomas Jane) Why doesn't "War Zone" get any love???? As for X-Men...3 was entertaining, cheesey, just like "War Zone" but I like the non stop blood and violence, however X3 was good, It just seemed that guy (Rush Hour) guy director wanted this to be the LAST X-Men movie....I would love to see more and more X-men and New Mutants....least they killed Cyclops!

BTW Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome on this forum!!!

WTTB!

They never found Cyclops' body. I don't think he's dead :gossip:

It is a shame that Marvel and DC both allow some of their flagship characters to have movies which leave a bad taste in a fan's mouth, while also turning off new fans because the films are so bad.

The only reason I bought the first Hulk movie double-disc edition was because Wal-Mart was having a $1.89 sale on select movies for Christmas. If anything, on a very rainy day when I need a half-attention filler while doing work, I can pop it in.

I'm one of the oddballs though that liked the Daredevil Director's Cut and Elektra only because they were so Miller story-influenced. X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 are still way up there as setting a standard.

Glad to hear someone say the selection of Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth was a good move, as I was kind of bummed out that Tyler Mane didn't make it into the movie after what I thought was a great raw version of a killer villain.

Yes, sorry for that. Sometimes it's not easy as a non-native speaker to write down exactly the same what I really want to say. :makepoint:

And that's why I tend to stay away from French forums.

lol Vince, you are such a sometimes, but too funny most times.

And that's why I tend to stay away from French forums.

Give the man a break, JC!! meh At least he's trying.