• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for everbody who has seen the Wolverine Movie

42 posts in this topic

I just came back from the Austrian press screening for the Wolverine movie and there seems to be a cut in the movie. The scene from the trailer, where wolverine walks away from the exploding helicopter is missing. It is a very bad cut because it's obvious that there is something missing, even if you have not seen the trailer.

Was this scene included in the pirate copy?

Thanks

I'll be seeing a press screening later today as it happens (it's not out yet over here).

I'll compare notes when I get back. All these different cuts and alternate endings...daftest idea yet to elicit interest in a movie.

I just came back from the Austrian press screening for the Wolverine movie and there seems to be a cut in the movie. The scene from the trailer, where wolverine walks away from the exploding helicopter is missing. It is a very bad cut because it's obvious that there is something missing, even if you have not seen the trailer.

Thanks

This type of thing happens all the time. There are plenty of things in trailers that don't make the final cut of a movie.

Thanks

This type of thing happens all the time. There are plenty of things in trailers that don't make the final cut of a movie.

yes, but not like this, it was a really bad cut. agent zero was sitting injured in the helicopter after the crash. wolverine went to him, took his phone, spoke with stryker and turned around. then came the quick cut to the next scene where somebody told stryker, agent zero had no chance.

you didn't even see him die, wolverine just went away. i don't know why they didn't show the explosion which really was important for the audience to know, what the fate of agent zero was. (shrug)

But the big question is: is the movie any good?

It's OK....truth be told I liked it better than the previous X-men movies......I will say I found it entertaining..and disappointing as well...

Bottom line is I'd recommend seeing it...Logan's chick girlfriend (don't remember who she is)...is almost worth the price of admission alone...Hubba!!! Hubba!!!! (thumbs u

Thanks

I read before the leak that they were re shooting and editing scenes to make it more "kid friendly" after Fox executives thought it may be too dark for children. This would explain the cut scene you mentioned.

Thanks

I read before the leak that they were re shooting and editing scenes to make it more "kid friendly" after Fox executives thought it may be too dark for children. This would explain the cut scene you mentioned.

so the work print...is...better?

Thanks

it could be the uncut version and a must have for collectors :grin:

I would put the movie between incredible hulk and iron man. x-men 2 is still the best x-men movie.

X-Men 2 = :cloud9:

X-Men 3 = :cloud9::cloud9:

Wolverine Origins= :(

X-men 3? :P

????

I would put the movie between incredible hulk and iron man. x-men 2 is still the best x-men movie.

????

I loved X-Men 3. It was better than FF 1 and 2, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, the first Hulk a few years back. Great movie IMHO.

Thanks

it could be the uncut version and a must have for collectors :grin:

Just came back from a press screening at the Odeon Leicester Square (which was packed). The scene you mention, when Wolverine ignites the fuel that leads to the 'copter exploding, was included in all its unexpurgated glory.

So this cuts/edits business does seem either random or designed to get fans talking about the movie.

The movie itself was a passable actioner with some impressive set pieces that managed to neatly tie in with the other X-flicks without ever really deviating from the formulaic. And despite the vast crew on board (two crews, in fact) some of the CGI looked rushed. At least there was no cringeworthy soft-metal soundtrack.

Gambit was portrayed quite well, but the best casting was for Sabertooth. The -script was average and workmanlike though, and don't bother hanging around for the post-credits easter egg. Not worth it.

Overall, 2.5 stars out of 5. Entertaining but forgettable, as usual.

????

I loved X-Men 3. It was better than FF 1 and 2, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, the first Hulk a few years back. Great movie IMHO.

It was better than those you listed lol , but not X-Men 2 :cloud9:

also DD Directors cut brought it out of the crap level for me.