• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm thankful it's the season finale of "Heroes" tonight...

49 posts in this topic

entourage

rome

true blood

=

must see TV! :popcorn:

Excellent HBO shows. I didn't think I was going to be a fan of "True Blood," but then couldn't wait for the next episode.

Sookie is such a cool character - doesn't stand out at first, but grows stronger as she goes along.

"Rome" - well, that is one of my favorite history topics, so I was overjoyed to see this short series come about.

Yeah, I watched the first three episodes of 'The Wire' and couldn't get on with it. I'm sure it's very worthy television, but I found it unrelentlessly depressing and horrific. I also couldn't find one single character that I liked, or felt any connection with, so out of the player it went. :(

As for 'Deadwood', just didn't think it was that good...it was OK, but it didn't engage me, unfortunately. :(

Trueblood rocks. After watching the show last year I read most of Charlaine Hariss' Sookie Stackhouse books. They changed a few things from the book to the show, introduced new characters and changed how things happened which actually work better than the book. doh

Heroes was not that bad this year - last year with the strike and all the storyline was just weak. This year it was better, although not as stellar as season 1. I look forward to give it another shot next season.

24 is the only other show I watch and, although predictable in its outcome, the way they get there continues to interest me. Twists that were unexpected this season really make me think, what's next?

Yeah, I watched the first three episodes of 'The Wire' and couldn't get on with it. I'm sure it's very worthy television, but I found it unrelentlessly depressing and horrific. I also couldn't find one single character that I liked, or felt any connection with, so out of the player it went. :(

Each season takes a few episodes to get going and get to know the characters. If you ever decide to give it another chance, stick with it a little longer. There are a lot of characters you'll grow to love. One of my favorite parts of the show is that I liked some of the bad guys (the drug dealers) as much as some of the good guys (the cops). And some of the more unlikable police grow through the series and become people you root for.

Note that Netflix has some season DVDs available for instant viewing and more of them available for rental one DVD at a time. (That's how I saw Weeds since I don't get Showtime.)

If you already have a Netflix account and you have an xBox 360, it will stream to both your tv and your computer. (Or if you have a Roku player.)

In addition to some of the other shows mentioned, Breaking Bad is also a good show. I also like the Unit (on the verge of cancellation).

Each season takes a few episodes to get going and get to know the characters. If you ever decide to give it another chance, stick with it a little longer. There are a lot of characters you'll grow to love. One of my favorite parts of the show is that I liked some of the bad guys (the drug dealers) as much as some of the good guys (the cops). And some of the more unlikable police grow through the series and become people you root for.

I received the same warning about The Wire that a friend just lent me ... so we'll see how it goes after 5 or more episodes ...

Note that Netflix has some season DVDs available for instant viewing and more of them available for rental one DVD at a time. (That's how I saw Weeds since I don't get Showtime.)

If you already have a Netflix account and you have an xBox 360, it will stream to both your tv and your computer. (Or if you have a Roku player.)

In addition to some of the other shows mentioned, Breaking Bad is also a good show. I also like the Unit (on the verge of cancellation).

hm...weeds and breaking bad, is this a cry for help? hm

hm...weeds and breaking bad, is this a cry for help? hm

:o

I also watched Miami Vice in the 80's hm

I received the same warning about The Wire that a friend just lent me ... so we'll see how it goes after 5 or more episodes ...

Yup. Hang in there with it. The first four seasons are phenomenal. The fifth season, the last, is very good too. But it doesn't quite live up to the first four. And all five seasons take a few episodes to fully kick into gear.