• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I thought Incredible Hulk 181(Wolverine) was rare and hard to find?

107 posts in this topic

Look at all those 9.4 and 9.6 copies. That's ridiculous!
and just think, most all bronze books are likely to have the same populace somewhere.

I know it's a major key book but with that many graded copies I can't believe that a 1.5 Incomplete will still fetch nearly $130.

and just think, most all bronze books are likely to have the same populace somewhere.

That's the harsh reality of it . . . :grin: Still native (unpressed) high grade is still relatively rare.

I know it's a major key book but with that many graded copies I can't believe that a 1.5 Incomplete will still fetch nearly $130.

Well, many of those are just purchased for the MVS wrap, which is then married (inserted) into a higher grade copy which is missing its MVS. :censored:

Isn't it amazing though looking at the census EVERY grade is covered but a 10.0 example.

How often do you see that with most books that no matter how poor a copy someone has, they've considered having it encased?

"I thought Incredible Hulk 181(Wolverine) was rare and hard to fine?"

Is this in better or worse shape than very good to fine?

Well, many of those are just purchased for the MVS wrap, which is then married (inserted) into a higher grade copy which is missing its MVS. :censored:

Aaaah I never thought of that, the bastiches :mad:

Aaaah I never thought of that, the bastiches :mad:

Just like when you see low-grade Harbinger 1s selling for $30 because they have the mail-in coupon still included. Then everyone can feel like they have a $2K book when they replace the coupon they cut out years ago.

Post the total number of graded copies, please. :)

3413 unrestored; 3915 overall

Oops, beat to the punch

These are very telling numbers for sure, as they reflect, or are at least approaching a real-world census of what we may expect for a mid-70's BA title. :)

Oops, beat to the punch

These are very telling numbers for sure, as they reflect, or are at least approaching a real-world census of what we may expect for a mid-70's BA title. :)

and from what i understand hulk wasnt even terribly popular at the time.

Not rare but, I love me some Hulk 181...who doesn't?

Add in some sig on mid-grades, you got yourself a very kool book, can you say Trimpe head sketch?

I disagree that all other bronze books have the same number of 9.4 to 9.8 copies out there.

Hulk #181 was a key book already by the late 1970's

That means by 1979 everyone had their copy bagged and double boarded. It was carefully preserved by everyone from a very early date, and that is why there are so many high grade copies left.

Plus if it was a warehouse find, then that adds in a lot more copies.

Compare IH #181 to House Of Secrets #92 which also came out in 1972.

Mint 9.9 - 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 - 0

Near Mint + 9.6 - 8

Near Mint 9.4 - 24

Near Mint 9.2 - 31

And this was also a key book from an early date.

Now imagine how few potential copies of House Of Secrets #93 (next month) are out there in 9.8 ......... very few

"I thought Incredible Hulk 181(Wolverine) was rare and hard to fine?"

Is this in better or worse shape than very good to fine?

196 in CGC-graded Fine, looks to be harder to find than the 234 NM's.

I disagree that all other bronze books have the same number of 9.4 to 9.8 copies out there.

Hulk #181 was a key book already by the late 1970's

That means by 1979 everyone had their copy bagged and double boarded. It was carefully preserved by everyone from a very early date, and that is why there are so many high grade copies left.

Plus if it was a warehouse find, then that adds in a lot more copies.

Compare IH #181 to House Of Secrets #92 which also came out in 1972.

Mint 9.9 - 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 - 0

Near Mint + 9.6 - 8

Near Mint 9.4 - 24

Near Mint 9.2 - 31

And this was also a key book from an early date.

Now imagine how few potential copies of House Of Secrets #93 (next month) are out there in 9.8 ......... very few

I meant marvels sorry. Everyone knows 95% of the DCs were recycled to fuel the marvel print runs.

Oops, beat to the punch

interesting.