• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm going to post this here

45 posts in this topic

Wouldn't this be a suitable for a suggestion?

Golden Age

Silver Age

Bronze Age

Copper/Modern Age

Do away with the Mixed Age

hm

I like your way of thinking. :takeit:^^

Sometimes the easiest things in life are the hardest to actually do doh!

Actually I thought this idea was discussed but was determined it would be too hard for people listing GA/SA and BA era books at the same time, to run and maintain 3 separate sales threads in 3 seperate rooms.

I would not mind it as a buyer to be able to selectively click on what I want to look at most, but understand why they had to lump in several eras together.

Not to mention there are times I see a book I want to buy that I otherwise would not have seen if the Era's were parsed out, same goes for people who might not normally buy GA books, but happen upon one they would because it is listed among some SA books they clicked to see. And as a seller that added exposure is a good thing.

I don't think there will ever be the perfect answer, just one that doesn't suck as bad as another depending on your perspective.

2c

I would like it to be easier to see whats fpr sale and when they were listed, like a consignment site. But I understand that the system now reward patience and digging to find treasure, so thats fair .

too hard, that is rediculous...how hard is it to "click"... doh!

For God's sake, someone take away the bottle by Rick's computer.

Give Rick a break. He's been reading too many posts by Pete this weekend :insane:

Give Rick a break. He's been reading too many posts by Pete this weekend :insane:

Oh really? Is there an Action #1 for sale??? :baiting:

I suppose there might be some cross-purchases made, but I believe the majority of buyers already have in mind what they'd like to buy, and having it broken down makes it that much simpler.

2c

Careful now or JC might come down here and call you elitist snobs!

:roflmao:

Honestly I agree that sub forums seems logical, and that's probably why it was poo pooed

Careful now or JC might come down here and call you elitist snobs!

:roflmao:

Honestly I agree that sub forums seems logical, and that's probably why it was poo pooed

Like I said I didn't want to pizz anyone off and have them call us elitist,snob is ok but not elitist.

Nobody cares if JC is pizzed off..so proceed!

^^

I would take it up and state your case with Arch though to get in on the record.(that is if you haven't already)

:hi:

Nobody cares if JC is pizzed off..so proceed!

^^

I would take it up and state your case with Arch though to get in on the record.(that is if you haven't already)

:hi:

JC doesn't buy or sell on the boards; he just whines......a lot! So he doesn't count. :D

We did bring it up in the official Message Boards Feedback/ Suggestions forum here.

There should be a dedicated GA sales thread, but not in this section. It should obviously be in the Market Section.

Why Mark? All the GA buyers go through here and they need to be redirected to a sales thread if it's out there. I see no problem having a self policed, self contained selling thread over here. All it does is keep it tidy.

I think anyone who frequents this Section is intelligent enough to know where GA books are posted for sale on these boards. Obviously this is going to be something "personal" for each person, but I for one do not want this Section turned into a multi-thread used car sales flea-market (and my dad is a used car dealer so I can say this!) when it has fought against the odds and the discussions here have generally remained intellectual and polite. This Section, and the Market-Place Section, are pretty much the only reasons why I even frequent the boards nowadays.

Plain and simple. It is just not necessary. There is a market-place thread. Why mix them?

There should be a dedicated GA sales thread, but not in this section. It should obviously be in the Market Section.

Why Mark? All the GA buyers go through here and they need to be redirected to a sales thread if it's out there. I see no problem having a self policed, self contained selling thread over here. All it does is keep it tidy.

I think anyone who frequents this Section is intelligent enough to know where GA books are posted for sale on these boards. Obviously this is going to be something "personal" for each person, but I for one do not want this Section turned into a multi-thread used car sales flea-market (and my dad is a used car dealer so I can say this!) when it has fought against the odds and the discussions here have generally remained intellectual and polite. This Section, and the Market-Place Section, are pretty much the only reasons why I even frequent the boards nowadays.

Plain and simple. It is just not necessary. There is a market-place thread. Why mix them?

I agree, we should not "mix" market place with discussion place, but I do think the market place should clearly differentiate between GA , SA, etc

I agree, we should not "mix" market place with discussion place, but I do think the market place should clearly differentiate between GA , SA, etc

I'm in total agreement. (thumbs u

I whole-heartedly agree with everything but the highlighted statement.

I whole-heartedly agree with everything but the highlighted statement.

Ok, I probably should have said "most everyone", but I wanted to be nice. :)

I've puchased impulse buys from era's I'm not anticipating buying from when I initially take a look, so it works in a "johnny, shut up" kind of way. Like candy and comic books in the check out at the grocery.

What I'd like to see is a trading thread.