• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted

136 posts in this topic

Why is it when people ask for others opinions, someone (or in this case, someones) invariably whines about how the original person is whining?

:D

for a guy with a join date of this year, you sure have figured out the undertone of the board.

(thumbs u

Oh, that was all in good fun.

;)

-slym

for a guy with a join date of this year, you sure have figured out the undertone of the board.

(thumbs u

lol

Why is it when people ask for others opinions, someone (or in this case, someones) invariably whines about how the original person is whining?

(thumbs u

;)

-slym

(thumbs u

lol

Yep , Slym's good ! (thumbs u

(thumbs u.........he's not hazed nearly as bad as you and co. used to (try) and haze me. :whistle:

I will try and make this short and sweet - I was able to wrangle someone into buying me a book advertised on another board, a CGC book by the thread's author. I received the book, and it turns out it is a CGG book instead. Now, had I known it was not a real CGC book, I would never have bothered with the book, and wrote the seller telling them so. I also stated that I would return the book if I could get a full refund including my original shipping PLUS what it will take to send it back to the seller, as it was in no way my fault and the item was mis-represented. The seller tells me that they will refund my original money, but due to "times being tight," they will not pay for the return shipping.

TIMES ARE TIGHT ALL AROUND, AND I DO NOT HAVE A JOB. I can give the person who bought me the book their money back with a refund, but does anyone think I should have to lose money (return shipping costs) because of the seller's negligence, whether it was intentional or not???

Your opinions, please.

-slym

Yes. Sorry, but if you want your money back, that's what you're going to have to do. Be satisfied with a refund of the book itself and be happy. (thumbs u

Andy

I will try and make this short and sweet -

WAAAAHHHH!!!!

-slym

So, you call me out like this on not one, but two different forums! Let me be brief:

Your auntie ain't getting her shipping back!!

Now run along and cry in your huge pilla, junior!

:sumo:

I will try and make this short and sweet -

WAAAAHHHH!!!!

-slym

So, you call me out like this on not one, but two different forums! Let me be brief:

Your auntie ain't getting her shipping back!!

Now run along and cry in your huge pilla, junior!

:sumo:

The pillows are huge only to drown out the crying and whimpering.

:insane:

-slym

I will try and make this short and sweet - I was able to wrangle someone into buying me a book advertised on another board, a CGC book by the thread's author. I received the book, and it turns out it is a CGG book instead. Now, had I known it was not a real CGC book, I would never have bothered with the book, and wrote the seller telling them so. I also stated that I would return the book if I could get a full refund including my original shipping PLUS what it will take to send it back to the seller, as it was in no way my fault and the item was mis-represented. The seller tells me that they will refund my original money, but due to "times being tight," they will not pay for the return shipping.

TIMES ARE TIGHT ALL AROUND, AND I DO NOT HAVE A JOB. I can give the person who bought me the book their money back with a refund, but does anyone think I should have to lose money (return shipping costs) because of the seller's negligence, whether it was intentional or not???

Your opinions, please.

-slym

Yes. Sorry, but if you want your money back, that's what you're going to have to do. Be satisfied with a refund of the book itself and be happy. (thumbs u

Andy

That's not quite what I asked - it's not the question of whether or not I have to take this, but SHOULD I have to take this!

If you were in my shoes on this subject, would you or would you not feel the same way I am feeling? THAT is the question...

-slym

That's not quite what I asked - it's not the question of whether or not I have to take this, but SHOULD I have to take this!

If you were in my shoes on this subject, would you or would you not feel the same way I am feeling? THAT is the question...

-slym

Not sure why this turned into a beat-down on Slym, as I get his point someone misrepresented a book, mistakenly or purposely.

But to answer your question, if this is just some nickel-and-dime book that cost your relative all of $10 plus shipping, I'd let it go as your time (and well-being) is more important than this cost.

So, what is the book or the money spent, since you are asking what we would do? Most would feel anything below a certain amount is just not worth the struggle, no matter how wrong the seller may be.

What equals "it was a little (NOT very, but a little) pricey" in this situation? It does matter as I just wouldn't waste a lot of time on a certain amount spent.

Slym

I believe that the seller should give you a complete refund for shipping both ways. The seller could have made an honest mistake but it should have been caught when he was shipping the item. I just had a similar experience and I was able to correct it before the auction went past a day.

Did you use paypal? A couple of years back, I purchased two lots from an ebay seller. Most of the comics I was using as stocking stuffers for X-mas presents and a couple I was keeping. They were sold as NM and when I got them many of them had water damage and not in good condition to give as a gift. After many struggles, Paypal final gave in on the seller refunding the inital shipping but I still had to pay for the return shipping. It killed me but I justed wanted the case to be over.

I think you are going to have to pay the return shipping. Have you asked the seller to split the return shipping cost? It's a compromise but at least it will not cost you as much.

Technically Slym has to ask the "birthday" giver who paid for the book to make the reqeuest if is to be made. right? hm

Plus buying an expensive book without pics is just :screwy:

WEBHEAD

(thumbs u

;)

-slym

(thumbs u

lol

(thumbs u.........he's not hazed nearly as bad as you and co. used to (try) and haze me. :whistle:

bhooks,

you have a horrible memory. I actually came to your defense once or twice in the past, and the one time I took a playful swipe at you, (Where do you keep the White Tigers when you and your wife go out to eat?) I let you know that it was all in good fun and that I thought you were a stand-up guy.

:sorry:

I think you are going to have to pay the return shipping. Have you asked the seller to split the return shipping cost? It's a compromise but at least it will not cost you as much.

That was exactly my concern is if you get PayPal involved, they will ensure you get all the money back, but they will not fight to get your return shipping fee refunded.

Great idea though on offering to split the difference with the seller, even if he did misrepresent the book.

Hope he is good getting a returned "GI. Joe Honeymoon With Barbie CGG 9.2", right? :baiting:

That's why Slym is not saying what the book is. It's either that or all the jokes about Strawberry Shortcake made him long for his old collection.

Come on Slym. Don't tease like that.

(thumbs u

;)

-slym

(thumbs u

lol

bhooks,

you have a horrible memory. I actually came to your defense once or twice in the past, and the one time I took a playful swipe at you, (Where do you keep the White Tigers when you and your wife go out to eat?) I let you know that it was all in good fun and that I thought you were a stand-up guy.

:sorry:

All's good with me pal ! (thumbs u I was ribbing Divad , as usual , and trying to make Slym feel better.

Anyway , gotta go feed my tigers. :insane:

this kid's going places.

Bless you! It's been a long time since anyone thought this late-30's male was a kid...

lol

-slym

Late 30's....?

I thought for sure it was early 50's by now...

Originally Posted By: DrWatson

Originally Posted By: Monstro

You bought a slabbed book while you are unemployed?

Exactly my thought as well.

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

putting aside that life doesn't end just because you don't have a job for right now, if it was a tremendous deal and flippable for a profit (based on thinking it was a CGC slab), then why not buy it, even if unemployed?