• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Offers Multiple Tiers On-Site At Wizard World Philadelphia!

153 posts in this topic

I just think the glamour of on-site grading has lost its luster for me. :cry:

Since most HG books from 1980-now (for me anyway) aren't worth paying $24.00 a book because in alot of cases your book wont be worth much more than the cost of getting the book graded.

or your taking the chance its going to be a uber HG or its a slam dunk key book.

I am speaking from selling my books after they are slabbed.

If you want to pay the extra fees for which ever tier because you want the books back that same day for your collection or whatever, and you still get excited about the thrill of the on-site fullfillment then thats great. (thumbs u

Not for me anymore, I can wait.

There are still quite a few post 1980 books well worth the $24.00 dude. Alot of guys here could argue this point to death. Hell I even know of about 50. And I dont even know a thing about indies and stuff like that.

Since most HG books from 1980-now (for me anyway) aren't worth paying $24.00 a book because in alot of cases your book wont be worth much more than the cost of getting the book graded.

One last shot at this ...

1980-now books cost $22 or $23 to have on-site graded last year.

1980-now books now cost $24 to have graded on-site.

Because of this $1-2 price increase, the "glamour of on-site grading has lost its luster for you".

That's what you're saying, right? I mean, it's ridiculous, but as far as I can tell that is your point?

I might be in the minority here but I dont think any of the cost to slab books is worth it unless its a HUGE dollar book or has some sentimental value (SS books maybe).

Frankly, the cost of slabbing has always kept me from becoming involved in it at all. I have a lot of books that I would consider slabbing but the fees are exorbitant in my opinion. That money could be used to further my collection.

I have one single book that will be released this year that I know I want to have graded (and if possible as an SS book) but I know thats practically an impossibility. Kind of disappointing but Ill live I am sure.

Because of this $1-2 price increase, the "glamour of on-site grading has lost its luster for you".

That's what you're saying, right? I mean, it's ridiculous, but as far as I can tell that is your point?

No, he is talking about the 75-79 books. He was using the price change, and tier shift. You guys just got him wrong. Which is easy because he bounces off topic really easily.

You guys really should debate and not take pot shots at each other. Its bad form for both parties. And John knows I have no problem speaking my mind with him.

This is what we call a misunderstanding. He is upset that moderns changed and $45.00 for 75-79 books onsite is too much. I understand we already had this conversation in another thread. But I guess its just sticking.

Johns good people, and alot more intellegent then his posting leads you to believe.

Oh Dear...

Yes for me paying $24.00 a book is a waste of money, and its not for you so that great.

I usually would do onsite grading for books that ranged from 1975-1983 so spending 22-24 bucks was ok.

Now it not ok as I dont want to spend $45.00 on the new tier and most of the books I have from 1980 just are not worth paying $24.00 a piece for.

Again for you it seems to be beneficial, not for me.

Example: I have 8 HG copies of Wolverine LS #1 that I need to get graded, but if I look at the big picture why would I pay $24.00 a shot where I can either get them pre-screened or submitt them at my normal discount and pay way less.

I do like the thrill of getting books graded, but the onsite money for me, YES has lost the luster.

Average modern books just aren't worth the $24.00 price tag.

I am not telling anyone what to do with their money but my agrument was everyone thinking its only a couple dollars more to do the book on-site as opposed to mailing them in etc..

Not for me and I am a little annoyed that if I wanted to get my GSM #1 graded its now $45 instead of $22.00 from last year's on-site pricing.

I know your example that you gave me above amounted only to being $2.00 a book more, but I guess I just have a different way of getting my CGC books (especially s/h) because for me to do the amount of on-site grading that I think would be fun I would be wasting my money, and I would rather save money and wait the grades out.

IMO

Ahh.

Translation.

John gets a big discount and pre screens. Most people dont.

And I agree paying $24.00 vs. $13.00 is quite the difference.

:shy:

Your right Pat, I do tend to go off topic alot. Need to work on that. (thumbs u

Love ya like a brother dude. But I have to use my special decoder ring for your posts.

I really do think I am the only person who understands what you mean when you type.

Ahh.

Translation.

Love ya like a brother dude. But I have to use my special decoder ring for your posts.

I really do think I am the only person who understands what you mean when you type.

:roflmao: true.

I might be in the minority here but I dont think any of the cost to slab books is worth it unless its a HUGE dollar book or has some sentimental value (SS books maybe).

Frankly, the cost of slabbing has always kept me from becoming involved in it at all. I have a lot of books that I would consider slabbing but the fees are exorbitant in my opinion. That money could be used to further my collection.

I have one single book that will be released this year that I know I want to have graded (and if possible as an SS book) but I know thats practically an impossibility. Kind of disappointing but Ill live I am sure.

Agreed. The prices seem way too high to me. I see all the CGC comics that sell for like $10 on ebay and wonder why anyone would spend twice the selling price plus shipping to get it graded.

It would be nice if at least two of you guys could show up at Heroes. (shrug)

Preferably Ali and whomever. :shy:

Yeah, I don't really care about all the pricing and whining about same. I just wanted to reiterate this.

Our posts have fallen on deaf ears. :cry:

Ahh.

Translation.

I understood too. However, it did take a lot of back and forth to decipher the posts.