• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc grades from 1st mag batch are in!

14 posts in this topic

here is what i posted as expecting 2 months ago, it seems i am a bit tough on grading blush.gif

Vampirella #7 9.6 (Sweet Frazetta c. Black border) came back 9.6!

Vampirella #100 9.4-9.6 (Vampi nude, hard to find) came back 9.4

Vampirella #101 9.4 (low print run) came back 9.6!

Vampirella #103 9.2-9.4 (low print run) came back 9.4

Vampirella #104 9.4 (low print run) didn't send this one, confused-smiley-013.gif

Creepy #41 9.4 (tougher issue, nutsy cover) came back 9.6!

Eerie #25 9.0 (tough as ballz issue w/ steranko cover) came back 9.2

Savage Tales #1 8.0-8.5 (1st Man thing) came back 9.2!

i am very pleased to say the least, especially in the vampi #7! i may be more pleased with the savage tales #1 since i think that is still really underated & it came back way higher than i thought ( i knocked it down that far for a faint crease that barely is visible and may have been a production crease, i guess they did not)

thanks eveyone! if nothing else i am happy my grading ability is reinforced, though i guess i need to allow more slack for VF range books. thats important to me as i get my horror comic web site up and running. i wish i had stacks more to send... but only a handful left that nice confused-smiley-013.gif

shiverbones, I like your taste in comics! Congrats on the submission.

I'm taking my yearly inventory on my stock; I may have some dups I can part with on your bronze horror quest. Please PM me your want list (if you have specifics) and I'll get back to you. I travel extensively so please be patient.

Some horror I'm getting graded by CGC now:

Weird Mystery Tales 4,6,9,11,14,15,17,18,19,22,24

(I have #1 and #3 in CGC 9.6)

Witching Hour 1 (2 copies),5,11,20,21,26

Sinister House of Secret Love 1

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 2,3

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion 5 (2 copies),8,9,11,12,14

Secrets of Sinister House 5,7,11,12,14,15,16

Crypt of Shadows 3,4,5,10,11,12,13,14,15,21

Vault of Evil: 3,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,18,19

countless House of Mystery/House of Secrets issues

They all should at least be 9.0 or higher, I'm really hoping for 9.4 or higher on most of these. Stay tuned.

I don't want to jinx myself. There's a couple that I think may slip to 8.5 but I sincerely think the majority will be AT LEAST 9.0, with the majority falling in the 9.2-9.6 range. I'm very interested to see how my subjective grading standards meet with CGC's subjective standards. foreheadslap.gif

Oh yeah, sleep? CGC's behind-they told me somewhere around MARCH. The web site's turnaround was around 2 months when I shipped, but when I called they indicated a recent flood of shipments.