• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: breaking up with my girlfriend

127 posts in this topic

Anyone ever feel bad for breaking up with someone? I am a nice guy and I hate confrontation. She didn't cheat on me or anything, I just realized that we don't match very well. She is very sad I'm breaking up with her but I believe it's the right thing for me to do. I've never done this before. We've been through a lot in the past 2 months (long distance relationship) but it is becoming too much for me. Any thoughts?

We're probably going to need pictures before we can help you make a completely informed decision

In all seriousness...

Its natural for you to feel bad. If you felt GOOD about hurting someones feelings , then something would be wrong with you.

If you know in your heart that it is the right thing to do, then it probably is. THink about how much harder it would be after a few more months, maybe years?

Sometimes things just dont work. Nobodies fault, just not meant to be. It happens to everyone!

Thanks for the invite nerfherder, I'd come but I'm actually headed to the beach this weekend to get away. I would post a picture but you guys would flip. She is very beautiful, which doesn't help this decision.

Anyone ever feel bad for breaking up with someone? I am a nice guy and I hate confrontation. She didn't cheat on me or anything, I just realized that we don't match very well. She is very sad I'm breaking up with her but I believe it's the right thing for me to do. I've never done this before. We've been through a lot in the past 2 months (long distance relationship) but it is becoming too much for me. Any thoughts?

Just sleep with one of her friends. Or even better yet....her mom. She'll be glad to get rid of you then.

:jokealert:

Seriously, just do it. Be nice about it. Don't make it a long, drawn out thing. She probably senses it too. So just be polite but firm and succinct. If you can stay friends then great. But don't throw that obligatory line out there if you don't think she can handle it.

Thanks for the invite nerfherder, I'd come but I'm actually headed to the beach this weekend to get away. I would post a picture but you guys would flip. She is very beautiful, which doesn't help this decision.

Must be the one I am thinking of....

Is the long distance a recent thing? One of you move away to school?

Beauty fades, but personalities are forever! If it isnt right, no amount of beauty will make up for it.

Beauty fades, but personalities are forever! If it isnt right, no amount of beauty will make up for it.

Ain't that the truth. Wife gets older. Wife has kids. Wife no longer performs same acts she did in college.....Beauty fades.

Wife gets surly, irritable and all sides of the bed become the wrong side to wake up on.....personality gets progressively less attractive and hangs around forever, or until you die.

If she's stopped putting out, is a nagger, won't let you smoke / drink / hang out with the fellas, blows up your cell phone with calls / texts all hours of the day, doesn't like your comics / movie choices / teevee choices, then you should just let her off easy after one last bwnge for old time's sake.

If it's just a simple matter of incompatibility, well, let's just say sometimes the bird in the hand...

Not everybody would flip...I can think of a few forum members with smokin hot wives, so it's not like you are in unchartered territory here, but hey it's a stereotype for a reason :)

Jim

I've changed my mind. Long distance relationships are probably better than living with someone.

After all, if there's always biscuits in the biscuit tin, where's the fun in biscuits? (shrug)

Not everybody would flip...I can think of a few forum members with smokin hot wives, so it's not like you are in unchartered territory here, but hey it's a stereotype for a reason :)

Jim

Barb :cloud9:

Not in my world, bro. I hope you're not describing your own situation.

I've been with my wife for 10 years. She turns 32 later this month. She was more fun when she was 22. That doesn't mean I have one foot out the door or anything. It just means she was more fun when she was 22. :grin: She'd probably tell you I was less of an A-hole when I was 22 as well. lol