• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me with my Wolverine Tattoo

37 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking of getting a wolverine tat for a few years now. I haven't found the proper image that i wanted to use, so I was hoping maybe my fellow members might lend a hand.

I'm looking for a Killer Logan shot, with cigar in mouth, maybe from the chest up.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Wolverine is the new tribal armband.

hahaha brilliant!

i went to the movie tuesday and saw people wearing wolverine tshirts..i pointed ot to my fiance that they were so "that guy" (same guy who wears a bands tshirt to one of their shows) she didnt understand that rule

What I think would be awesome is a stylized graphical version of wolverine

that was flat black and not 3D modeled.

But as a designer, I guess all I can see is graphics.

If you had to go 3D, do some thing original...

A cool shot of him lighting his cigar with his hands up

to show the metal close to the knuckle ejection slots would be cool.

Half of his face could be illuminated by the match light the other dark,

while the ejection slots gleem in the moonlight.

hm

hahaha brilliant!

i went to the movie tuesday and saw people wearing wolverine tshirts..i pointed ot to my fiance that they were so "that guy" (same guy who wears a bands tshirt to one of their shows) she didnt understand that rule

rule?

1. Get an example that is close to what you want

2. Commission an artist you like and tell him/her the changes you want and that you want to turn it into a tattoo.

3. Take your original art to the tattoo shop and get the tattoo you designed.

Yeah it costs a little bit more but you end up with a nice piece of original art and since you have to live with this thing for the next 50 years or so, an extra $100 or so and a little more wait time should be worth it.

Or you can just have the tattoo artist draw tons of extra hairs all over your body, give you '70s sideburns and slits on the back of your knuckles where your claws come out.

hahaha brilliant!

rule?

Yeah, I like going to Raiders games wearing a Maimi Dolphins jersey.

There's a rule?

hey, im not bashin you or anything, im covered in batman related tattoos, who im i to judge hahaha. but i'd still never wear a batman tshirt

No harm done.. I knew I was going to get my balls broken. It's all in good fun.

1. Get an example that is close to what you want

2. Commission an artist you like and tell him/her the changes you want and that you want to turn it into a tattoo.

3. Take your original art to the tattoo shop and get the tattoo you designed.

Yeah it costs a little bit more but you end up with a nice piece of original art and since you have to live with this thing for the next 50 years or so, an extra $100 or so and a little more wait time should be worth it.

Or you can just have the tattoo artist draw tons of extra hairs all over your body, give you '70s sideburns and slits on the back of your knuckles where your claws come out.

I love that idea! Do you think Jim lee charges alot for sketches? I'm out of the loop with the sketches and commisions.

wolv.jpg

this pic is super pimp!!!

or if i were you, i would contact BILLY THE KID and have him custom sketch you a tattoo 2c

or btk having this pic, but wolverine ripping through your flesh instead of paper..

Heres Dads Advice:

Think long and Hard on your Choice.It will be with you forever. It will be with you when you are an old Man and your muscles have atrophied and you look down and see a completly different Image from what was put there 40 years ago. It will be there when you are in the old folks home and you and all the elderly people are looking at it trying to figure out what the hell it is! You may not even remember it yourself. Wolverine, its possible may be barely remmebered by anyone 40 to 50 years from now. I know Kids, that will never happen What is popular now will be popular forever! Untill the end of Eternity!

Also remember placement of your tat is important. I have no predjudice against body art, my son is covered in tattos. But unfortunatly in this society many people do judge you harshly. That is wrong on many levels, but still should be factored in to your decision on some level. There may come a time where you are applying for a job and part of the criteria is you have to wear coverings over your body art. This will not be fun in the heat of summer having to wear long sleeve shirts.

Also for you ladies wanting a tatoo, there may come a time where you may want to wear an evening dress and do not wish your tats to show. This will be difficult as most evening wear dreeses are designed for maximum skin exposure. Also ladies remember Tattos on Woman are a relativly new Phenominon in the Western world. 10 15 years down the road you might regret your decision, should woman with tats lose all popularity. I know this will never happen But just think about it.

All that being said its your choice I wish you well and I hope you make a wise decision that will serve you well for the rest of your life!

End of Dads speach!