• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High is BUYING!

123 posts in this topic

4. You MUST include an alphabetical and numerical invoice. Keep a copy for your records. Then pack your comics in the same order as your invoice (!!!). With your invoice please include your name, phone number, mailing address (to mail your check), and e-mail address.

Yeah. I'd hate for you to confuse the person at receiving. Anything out of order and they'd probably just rake your books off in a dumpster and go to the next box.

I just hope they open your box from the top, else you're screwed. :eek:

Its clear that they want to do absolutely NO work whatsoever. I guess they figure at the exorbatant prices their paying you that you need to jump through some extra hoops. meh

So we know that some kooky people do indeed buy from MH. My question is: In this day and age with ebay and the wealth of info on the internets, including the pricing in his own catalogue, does anybody actually sell their books to Chuck? Does he actually think somebody would be stoopid enough to sell a Good FF #1 at $250?

I've never really paid attention to anything regarding MH - we have Silver Acre which is bad enough - but man, that guys a :screwy:

I was in one of their satellite stores a few weeks ago and they had absolutely no Gold, Silver, Bronze. Basically looked like your typical toy/comic/magic shop. Been a few since I was up to their main store on Washington Street, but if their satellites are any indication of their inventory then their in trouble. I'm really bummed that there is no good LCS in the Denver Metro area!!

Chuck needs to find the "Mile High 3" collection

Some grieving family that just wants to unload all those junky comics their relative collected 50 years ago.

Just give them 10 cents a book Chuck and haul it away.

The latest Chuck-o-gram says that MH is running out of comics and wants to buy everyone's books. Chuck put up a buy list with prices.

I thought they were called "Mile High" because of their mark-up over guide prices, and figured this might be a way for people to sell their books back to him at a modest 2x guide. However, they should change their name to "Mile Low" based on the fractions of guide they buy at.

Here's an example...

Fantastic Four #1

Chuck's sell price = $17,500 that is discounted to $6,650 in "Good" condition.

Chuck's BUY price = $250 in "Good" condition. Hell, the buy price is only $8,200 in "Near Mint".

:roflmao:

That's a 2600% mark up to his discounted price!

Here's the Buy List!

Have fun.

I will pay $300 for FF 1 in "good"! :takeit:

I'm stealing his customers. :devil:

Chuck probably put out the list to stop people from offering their books to him in the ballpark of his ridiculously high selling prices on their website.

BINGO

(worship)

So let me get this straight.

Chuck has a CGC 6.0 Avengers 4 marked down from $4800 to $1824 :sick:, yet his buy price for Fine is $160.00. Yeah, let me get right on that, I haven't been fisted by a Sentinel in awhile.

You guys slay me, :signfunny:

Chuck probably put out the list to stop people from offering their books to him in the ballpark of his ridiculously high selling prices on their website.

BINGO

(worship)

Makes sense!