• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold and Copper Metallic Markers

6 posts in this topic

How many of you out there wish that Sharpie still made gold and copper metallic markers? Unfortunately, that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon, so if you want a book signed in gold or copper ink, it seems that your only choice is to use a paint pen. While paint pens can do the job, they can be messy, the ink takes longer to dry, and they have to be "primed" before you use them.

Enter RoseArt ColorSharp metallic markers. I first discovered these at Wal-Mart in 5-packs consisting of metallic gold, silver, blue, green and purple. The markers in the 5-packs have two tips--a fine point much like Sharpies, and an extra fine point. Recently I found them in an 8-pack at Target, consisting of the same five colors as well as metallic copper, aqua and rose. Unlike the 5-packs, the markers in the 8-packs only have a single fine point tip.

The markers are pretty inexpensive at less than $5 for either the 5-pack or the 8-pack, so even if you're buying the package to get the gold (and/or copper in the case of 8-packs), it's still not too much.

Sadly, much like the gold and copper Sharpies, these markers have been discontinued. Nevertheless, they still seem to be available at Target. I could not find any at Wal-Mart in my area, but maybe you'll have better luck where you are. But if you want a Sharpie-like gold or copper marker (the other colors are pretty cool too, but their use for signing books is a little more limited), don't just wait around, because when they're gone, they're gone. Give 'em a try. I think you'll be pleased.

So you'll know what you're looking for, below is a scan of an 8-pack. I've also included a scan of Star Wars #1 signed by Anthony Daniels with one of the gold markers so you can see a sample of how it looks.

colorsharp_markers.jpg

star_wars_1_ad.jpg

These markers are very nice. I have used them at a few signings now. George gave me a pack to use at my pittsburg trip. One word of caution. Write on something before you use them. to make sure the ink and metal flake are will mixed. One other thing these take about 10 seconds to dry. So do try to use these for real fast signings where you are in a hurry. These work better for signings where you can take just a little more time. That being said they dry much faster than paint pens. I have also used every color in the pack and they all look great. The rose and purple work real well with the female creators/actresses. They think they are pretty.