• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Tales Pulps R.E.H. and more

57 posts in this topic

Here is a fun affordable title to collect! Avon Fantasy Reader collected reprinted stories from Weird Tales. Issue 2 contains the Howard Story The Mirrors of Tuzan Thune. My memorie is unclear. Im thinking that was a King Kull story.

Issue 1 is fine issue 2 is VG/FINE

Take both issues for 75.00

CCF00582009_00022.jpg

CCF00582009_00023.jpg

CCF00582009_00024.jpg

CCF00582009_00025.jpg

You are correct, The Mirrors of Tuzan Thune is a Kull story.

Is there a pulp price guide anywhere on the web? I have no idea if these prices are cheap or expensive.

Mike

You are correct, The Mirrors of Tuzan Thune is a Kull story.

Is there a pulp price guide anywhere on the web? I have no idea if these prices are cheap or expensive.

Mike

I don't know of a price guide on the web, but I can tell you that these are all uncommon issues, and that JR's prices are very fair. If anyone is thinking about starting a Robert E. Howard Weird Tales collection, you will not do any better than right here in this thread.

I don't know of a price guide on the web, but I can tell you that these are all uncommon issues, and that JR's prices are very fair. If anyone is thinking about starting a Robert E. Howard Weird Tales collection, you will not do any better than right here in this thread.

Let me second Cimm's comments. These are some sweet books. If I had the dough available I would be all over several of them.

Here is a cool Item from one of the top Contributors to the Pulps! As well as literature!

A signed letter to a fan from Edgar Rice Burroughs circa 1932.

The Creator of Tarzan, John Carter, David Innes, Carson Napier!

One of the Best Known and Well loved Authors of any time An E.R.B. Signed Letter WITH original Envelope is a really cool thing to own!

scan0005-7.jpg

scan0006-7.jpg

Had a couple requests for Sci-FI I might put up a couple tommorow but for now here is something related.From 1952 Fawcett book 166 The Mystery of other worlds revealed

144 pages of space travel Flying Saucers Rocket Development. Tons of pics on our impressions in the 50s of what might be out there, and how we might get there!

Pulp size VG PLUS! It looks nicer feels nicer structurally really sweet, but the uppr and lower spine is split1/2 inch top and bottom.

scan0001-3.jpg

scan0002-7.jpg

Ok technically this doesnt fit in this thread but this was so cool I decided to offer it up for the Amateur inventors out there, Mechanics and Handicraft Autumn 1934.

Read about the latest craze AUTO POLO!!

Learn about the next big industry AIR CONDITIONING!!!

Homes made out of COPPER???!!!

Learn the tremendous power of BETA RAYS!!!

Hey!! check it out!! Police Motorcycles with RADIOS!!!!

Things you can do with Fathers old FELT HAT!!

Elephant Head lamps made EASY!!!!

Usefull articles and ornaments made from GOURDS!!!

Chandeleirs made from BEER BOTTLES!!!!

Wood turning lathe made from an old FORD FRONT AXLE

Submarine Observatorys made EASY!!!!!

I could go on and on, This pulp size 128 page magazine teaches you how to make old broken down household objects into new....STUFF!! You know, all the Cutting edge technolgy from 75 years ago!!

This is in really nice condition about near fine with amazing ow paper! the back shows a crease not a tear.

Im not sure how to price this, but for the condition this is in I think 85.00 is reasonable

scan0003-6.jpg

scan0004-7.jpg

Its mothers day so thats all for now. Tommorow early I will list the Hardbacks mentioned in the beggining of this thread and probably an Amazing Storys Pulp or two.

Thanks all!!

Here is a fun affordable title to collect! Avon Fantasy Reader collected reprinted stories from Weird Tales. Issue 2 contains the Howard Story The Mirrors of Tuzan Thune. My memorie is unclear. Im thinking that was a King Kull story.

Issue 1 is fine issue 2 is VG/FINE

Take both issues for 75.00

CCF00582009_00024.jpg

Cover Looks familiar.

Eerie10.jpg

I wonder how many comic stories were inspired by pulp stories?

Many, I am sure! As the old guys were greatly influenced by the Pulps i would think!

Avon Fantasy reader #2 is from 47 what year is you Eerie from?

Great books JR, sorry to see you are letting them go!

Do you have Avon Fantasy Reader #10?

Nope. Thats a cool one!!

Does this contain a Howard story?

I wonder how many comic stories were inspired by pulp stories?

Many, I am sure! As the old guys were greatly influenced by the Pulps i would think!

Avon Fantasy reader #2 is from 47 what year is you Eerie from?

Not my book, but I think it's from 1953.

I updated the listing adding Pics of the spines on some of the Pulps. I can update pics of Spines on any title on request. I wont be able to tille early tommorow though.

Adios!!

Again, I will be off my PC till late tonight, Feel free to contact me via Email at jr_burgin@hotmail.com should you have a question

Great books JR, sorry to see you are letting them go!

Do you have Avon Fantasy Reader #10?

Nope. Thats a cool one!!

Does this contain a Howard story?

Yes, it is a Conan cover and story. Along with #8. These were two very early Conan printings, maybe the only Conan prints before the Gnome hardback series in the 1950's.