• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PG ASM 12 26

14 posts in this topic

Not sure what VK sees for the 26 to be a 7.5... (shrug)

Bottom right corner doesn't appear to be sharp. There is a color-breaking bump on the bottom left, and the book isn't square-cut, which could be a sign of amateur trimming. Off-cut books just don't present well, IMO. OK, I'll give it an 8.0...

Why I suspect trimming is because when this book is overwrapped, and the Goblin's arm goes around the spine, there should be 3 1/2 web layers you can count from the right of the Comics Code square. This one has a 1/2 of a web layer trimmed off, and the top right edge of the back cover looks trimmed as well. At the bottom, the far right skylight window pane looks to be the right size for an overwrap. I know it sounds incredibly anal, but look, compare to other examples.

Not sure what VK sees for the 26 to be a 7.5... (shrug)

Bottom right corner doesn't appear to be sharp. There is a color-breaking bump on the bottom left, and the book isn't square-cut, which could be a sign of amateur trimming. Off-cut books just don't present well, IMO. OK, I'll give it an 8.0...

Why I suspect trimming is because when this book is overwrapped, and the Goblin's arm goes around the spine, there should be 3 1/2 web layers you can count from the right of the Comics Code square. This one has a 1/2 of a web layer trimmed off, and the top right edge of the back cover looks trimmed as well. At the bottom, the far right skylight window pane looks to be the right size for an overwrap. I know it sounds incredibly anal, but look, compare to other examples.

This book may be trimmed somewhere, but I doubt that the top right corner has been. Look at the pages sticking out of that corner. Wouldn't you go ahead and slice those off if you were trimming the book?