• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE MIKE MIGNOLA THREAD

77 posts in this topic

What's the business fellow comic nerds?!

...I figured it would be well cool if we all started a Mike Mignola appreciation thread, and posted pictures - weather it be random illustrations, your favorite covers/strips, or whatever else!

Post and share your artwork and thoughts on Mignola.

Mignola did some Alpha Flights? I never realized that.

His work on Death in the Family brought covers that are still in demand to this day. And some of his lesser-known Detective Comics covers are spectacular.

I'll have to pull a few and post them.

But Hellboy will always be tops with me.

Hellboy_bad.jpg

He did several covers for Alpha Flight - my current collecting obsession... Here is #39 with Avengers appearance..

AlphaFlight39F.jpg

Interesting.

We had someone on here a few months ago with the same avatar, and the same fascination with Alpha Flight CGC 9.8 books going by the name of Jasmine. Turned out it was a guy playing around on the board.

That's a great cover. Never seen that before. Thanks for sharing =]

It's Hellboys 1st appearance.You post a Mike Mignola appreciation thread and NOT KNOW Hellboys 1st app. (shrug):baiting:

It's Hellboys 1st appearance.You post a Mike Mignola appreciation thread and NOT KNOW Hellboys 1st app. (shrug):baiting:

One of many 1st Hellboy appearances...depending on who you ask. I think NM 21 is his first color appearance, San Diego Comic Con #2 is his first appearance, and Dime Press 4 is a Hellboy prototype? (shrug) Someone with the info shed some light, please.

One of many 1st Hellboy appearances...depending on who you ask. I think NM 21 is his first color appearance, San Diego Comic Con #2 is his first appearance, and Dime Press 4 is a Hellboy prototype? (shrug) Someone with the info shed some light, please.

You've got it right, except I think there is a preview book in between NM 21 and San Diego.

Here ya go folks.

First up, Hellboy's 1st full appearance.

San Diego Comic-Con Comic #2.

http://www.hellboy.com/_rev1/comic_1993-sdcc2.html

Next up, Hellboy's 1st full major title appearance. Note that even the official site makes it clear "Please note that this comic is not the first appearance of Hellboy."

John Byrne's Next Men #21.

http://www.hellboy.com/_rev1/guest_1993-jbnm21.html

Dime Press is not even mentioned on the site, but it truly is the 1st cameo/prototype appearance.

Here ya go folks.

Next up, Hellboy's 1st full major title appearance. Note that even the official site makes it clear "Please note that this comic is not the first appearance of Hellboy."

Dime Press is not even mentioned on the site, but it truly is the 1st cameo appearance.

If Next Men #21 is not the first Hellboy app. then why does CGC denote this on the slab? (shrug)

Here ya go folks.

Dime Press is not even mentioned on the site, but it truly is the 1st cameo appearance.

If Next Men #21 is not the first Hellboy app. then why does CGC denote this on the slab? (shrug)

$

That's what I always wondered when the official site says it isn't.

Maybe a big-time dealer that was sitting on a few hundred convinced someone at CGC? (shrug)