• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally a good ESTATE SALE find ! "Think & grow Rich"

16 posts in this topic

Just took my girls down to our estate sale to set up their lemonade stand and feed workers. I grabbed a couple of interesting books. The best one by far was Napoleon Hill's 1937 1st ed. of "Think And Grow Rich". Listed on abe books for $6500(w/ dust jacket and signed.) , $4500-w/ DJ-not signed , $3500 good-fine , $2500 w/out DJ and not signed.(probably best comp.)

I actually read the paperback growing up.

:gossip:..Not sure why I didn't retain any of the info. :whistle:

HPIM1297.jpg

HPIM1298.jpg

Is there a large number of book collectors out there? Seems like most older paperbacks and hardcovers sell for very little.

You are correct sir ! (thumbs u

I've accumulated a couple of hundred books that are "listed" at $100 + , however , I have yet found the best avenue to sell them. I could list this one on E-Bay , and it's entirely possible to get no bids at $9.99 start price. It's a bit frustrating.

B~

Just took my girls down to our estate sale to set up their lemonade stand and feed workers. I grabbed a couple of interesting books. The best one by far was Napoleon Hill's 1937 1st ed. of "Think And Grow Rich". Listed on abe books for $6500(w/ dust jacket and signed.) , $4500-w/ DJ-not signed , $3500 good-fine , $2500 w/out DJ and not signed.(probably best comp.)

I actually read the paperback growing up.

:gossip:..Not sure why I didn't retain any of the info. :whistle:

Is this the author that as a young man met Carnegie who sponsored him to interview the successful people of their time to identify what made them so wealthy and driven?

I thought I remembered this coming up at a sales conference as "the book of books" and sales folks all ran out to buy it for inspiration.

So How much did you pay?

My wife owns the business. I stole it.

No , it was $1.00

One dollar? Post-theft to make yourself feel better? :shrug:

:gossip: Kindly remind her that the two shall become one, and that makes you co-owner of the business............Not trying to meddle in the family business or anything. :whistle:

:makepoint:

Is there a large number of book collectors out there? Seems like most older paperbacks and hardcovers sell for very little.

You are correct sir ! (thumbs u

I've accumulated a couple of hundred books that are "listed" at $100 + , however , I have yet found the best avenue to sell them. I could list this one on E-Bay , and it's entirely possible to get no bids at $9.99 start price. It's a bit frustrating.

B~

try Amazon.com marketplace.