• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

WTTB..., shill

fixed it for you..., :thumbsup:

Why spank you :grin:

You are most welcome :foryou:

Hello again CGCers

I see that this Thread has turned into something other than the intended message( gee whadda da chances of dat??).

The CAL haters can side with dharry358 and that makes me smile. The comments I read made me laugh.

My Dad used to continually tell me "No good deed goes unpunished" and if he saw this Thread he would tell me that I deserve what I get here.

Who does CAL think he is anyway by alerting his fellow CGCers about this total nut-job who may ruin THEIR reps on FeeBay? I decided that you guys are right.

I won't be doing this Forum anymore heads-up info. Enough is enough.

I am, however, going to spill a few things here just to get them off my chest and then be done with this Thread.

1) Upon coming home tonight I see that dharry358 has requested my contact info through the eBay forwarding system and now has my cell phone number;

2) Also checking ?My Messages" under my eBay account I see that earlier in the day dharry358 send TWO more nasty-grams and is getting quite more graphic;

3) Before checking the CGC Forum I checked my ATT emails next and dharry358 has sent TWO MORE emails that are not associated with the eBay forwarding system whatsoever, the last one is another 'tirade" where he is defending his credentials as a bonafide, "MD" but the syntax he used and the lack of the keywords a former licenced Labratory Technician( myself) would instantly recognize speaks Volumes. He also says that he has "far more education" than I could ever have and has two additional degrees but did not say much else to elaborate;

4) I did check some prior emails received and sent the last week, and there IS NO OTHER CONTACT other than what I have told here on this Thread. The CAL haters and those who want to see CAL fail cannot accept the fact that that something wrong and undeserved happened to him; the "other side of the story" angle is just wishful thinking on the haters' parts and I sure wish I could tell dharry358's side of his story and I promise I would tell it.

5) The past selling batch was close to 60 auctions, maybe a few more, and the volume of "hits" on the Vendio Counters was over 10,000 hits for all the auctions. This does not include counting the repeated lookers, as each viewer is counted as one hit, no matter how many times they return to the same auction page. A few of the Highest Census copies got over 500 hits. The Captain Marvel # 7 CGC 9.8 I received no less than 13, that's right, 13 offers to outright pull him off eBay and do a private sale. The first offer was for $850 and I am not going to lie - I thought about it. The Grendel # 2 CGC 9.2 had 7 similar offers, the highest offer was $450. The reason I am telling this now is to show the Forum that is not out of the realm of possibilities that I get a higher percentages of the "nut-jobs" out there. I do have a LOT of eBayers that follow my comic auctions. The emails flood my inbox and I have anywhere between 100 - 300 unread EVERY DAY the last day of the auctions until the 2nd day the auctions end. Some are pure nonsense, like the " do you combine shipping", " do you have X-Men xyz", " where did you get that Captain Marvel 9.8?", 'you listed the Silver Surfer 17 CGC 7.5 twice"( but they were TWO different copies and this is why I ALWAYS include the CGC Serial Number because I have multiple Issues of the same ones, like I had 12 ASM 62 Medusa cover and I won't mention how many IMSM 6.0 - 8.5's I keep selling).

6) For 2009 my total sales are close to $13,000, and I have not even begun to put up the best stuff. I know that there are many CGCers that think I am a Bad Seller because some of them have told me so in other Threads and there are some comments closely linked to that train-of-thought here on this Thread. That is their opinion. I think I do darn well for just coming off disability and am now getting back to the old, healthier CAL and the fire is starting to return. For someone who is supposedly a bad seller I somehow do very well despite forcing Insurance, tracking, no returns, and the "bad DSR's" I was told earlier a month ago. Those who are going to bash me no matter what are going to do just that, no matter what anyone says. They can bash away. Put me on your blocked bidder list. Do NOT put this dharry358 on your list. Ironic that if CAL bids your items, he is sincerely interested in owning the item. I cannot say nor really care what dharry358's motives are. Maybe I will be a spectator( I AM going to follow him for a long, long time) and see if he stumbles on one of YOUR auctions. He must have some money about, he spent close to $350 with me. WHEN he does this to you I will TRY to show some restraint and not totally rub it in your noses, but I don't make promises I know I just cannot keep. The amount of my trying to show restraint will be measured by the person dharry358 slams.

So in closing, those who spoke well of me and understood my good faith intentions for my alert, I thank you, and I won't forget who you are. The haters, hate away. Respect cannot be forced, it has to arise naturally, from positive interactions, and from what I have seen and what I already know about people, the haters cannot be changed, and any subsequent energies exerted to attempt to change things are better spent on more worthy people and causes. I have learned a long time ago that your friends are your friends for many reasons but one bad incident can ruin the friendship at once forever but your enemies are your enemies for few reasons, but last forever. Your friends see the good first, your enemies only see the not-so-good.

Yes the CGC Forum has gotten a LITTLE better, better than 2002 - 2004. But after what I have seen and endured personally here in 2009 this Forum is heeaded right back to that hostile 2002 - 2004 environment.

I have said this probably over 100 times on this Forum and I will say it again: The comic book collecting as a hobby is nowhere near as fun as it was in the 1960 - 1970's. Everyone seemed to get along and the comaraderie was something that I have yet to see since I joined eBay in 2000. The comic book hobby will die its inevitable and slow death; the replacement collectors are not replacing the old-timers in nowhere equal numbers, and in a much more hostile, unfriendly background. The ASM's CGC'd 9.2 - 9.6 that sell in the $1,500 will someday be $50.00.

CAL :makepoint:

Does this thread have anything to do with charging $11.00 for MEDIA MAIL shipping on one book? (shrug)

For how big an item? The Collected Works of Stan Lee from 1941 to 1969?

CAL, I don't know you, and I'm not looking to hate on you, but that seems extremely excessive via Media Mail.

Does anyone have access to that thread about being the top eBay seller? I'd like to read it and see how CAL was looking to achieve this goal. Maybe there are recommendations there that need to be revisited which can help better the buyer experience and avoid these situations? (shrug)

eBay did pick a side - all buyers.

Let's face it, it's a two way street - no buyers no eBay either.

Do I think it's fair, hell no. But it is the model eBay chose when they decided to become a serious business and make insane profit for merely being a go-between...

Does this thread have anything to do with charging $11.00 for MEDIA MAIL shipping on one book? (shrug)

CAL, I don't know you, and I'm not looking to hate on you, but that seems extremely excessive via Media Mail.

Does anyone have access to that thread about being the top eBay seller? I'd like to read it and see how CAL was looking to achieve this goal. Maybe there are recommendations there that need to be revisited which can help better the buyer experience and avoid these situations? (shrug)

I think it was blitzed Nick, but here's the fallout.

I think it was blitzed Nick, but here's the fallout.

Thanks Gav! Now I remember this thread.

That what he listed for the charge on the book in question in this very thread....

Here is the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220401966082

US $10.95 United States US Postal Service Media Mail

US $13.95 United States US Postal Service Priority Mail®

Heck, even the $14 for Priority mail is a lot (shrug)

That what he listed for the charge on the book in question in this very thread....

He is factoring insurance into the shipping cost by default, so that would account for $2.60 of the expense since the book sold for over $100.

So a CGC book with proper packing will weigh around 2 lbs. Media Mail for 2 lbs would be around $3 with Delivery Confirmation when printing off PayPal. Then let's assume $1.50 for box and packing material if all new. That's $7.10 total cost.

CAL, if my assumptions are right, and I've been buying and selling on eBay since 2001 so I feel pretty comfortable saying they are, I would definitely address the shipping chargest first. That can shine buyers on when they receive a package and see they may have been slightly overcharged.

In your case, that's a 35% markup on shipping cost. Seems a tad excessive at first glance. (shrug)

He is factoring insurance into the shipping cost by default, so that would account for $2.60 of the expense since the book sold for over $100.

So a CGC book with proper packing will weigh around 2 lbs. Media Mail for 2 lbs would be around $3 with Delivery Confirmation when printing off PayPal. Then let's assume $1.50 for box and packing material if all new. That's $7.10 total cost.

CAL, if my assumptions are right, and I've been buying and selling on eBay since 2001 so I feel pretty comfortable saying they are, I would definitely address the shipping chargest first. That can shine buyers on when they receive a package and see they may have been slightly overcharged.

In your case, that's a 35% markup on shipping cost. Seems a tad excessive at first glance. (shrug)

His ego is too big to change anything, he just wants drama and poor cal comments

Some of the shipping I win - some I lose. I paid $225 for this ASM 100 CGC 9.0 off these boards and my expected Insurance cost was $3.70. Signature confirmation is an additional $1.80 even with the Paypal discount. But I do not need to keep justifying my Selling methods, especially when no one asks about my BUYING methods.

This Thread is NOT supposed to be some tutorial for me to give people Free shipping. That ain't gonna happen, ego or not.

Yes my ship costs are stated up front - the buyers can do what I have been doing for the past 10 years - pay the shipping or don't buy the item. No one seems to ask me about this part, why I pay high shipping for my CGC items.

I have paid $25.00 for ONE CGC comic. I have paid $60.00 for a TOS 83 from Portugal. So what? I don't whine like biatches over a few bucks. I practice what I preach - that is the price of doing business. If it is a comic I want, I pay the price and am glad to get it.

You do NOT have to bid my items if you don't like my ship costs. This is a no-brainer to me.

Gotta get some rest. Blast away.

I'll check in now and then.

CAL :whatev:

So in closing, those who spoke well of me and understood my good faith intentions for my alert, I thank you, and I won't forget who you are. The haters, hate away.

haterade.gif

Some of the shipping I win - some I lose. I paid $225 for this ASM 100 CGC 9.0 off these boards and my expected Insurance cost was $3.70. Signature confirmation is an additional $1.80 even with the Paypal discount. But I do not need to keep justifying my Selling methods, especially when no one asks about my BUYING methods.

This Thread is NOT supposed to be some tutorial for me to give people Free shipping. That ain't gonna happen, ego or not.

Yes my ship costs are stated up front - the buyers can do what I have been doing for the past 10 years - pay the shipping or don't buy the item. No one seems to ask me about this part, why I pay high shipping for my CGC items.

I have paid $25.00 for ONE CGC comic. I have paid $60.00 for a TOS 83 from Portugal. So what? I don't whine like biatches over a few bucks. I practice what I preach - that is the price of doing business. If it is a comic I want, I pay the price and am glad to get it.

You do NOT have to bid my items if you don't like my ship costs. This is a no-brainer to me.

Cal,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I know this thread wasn't directed at your practices as a seller, but you know as well as I do that when you come on here and give details about an ebay transaction that goes down, both the seller's account as well as the buyer's account will be scrutinized. I think that plenty of people want to buy from you...members on this board included. It's why you've been able to stay on ebay for so long. I just think that board members expect a better class of comic book seller than the casual ebayer. That said, many board members expect to pay exact cost on shipping among other things, so as long as your shipping costs aren't itemized (broken down by cost to ship, delivery confirmation, sig confirmation, insurance, etc.) when they are higher than the norm, they will come under attack. I would think that putting a breakdown of your shipping costs in your auction would go a long way, and as others have said, no seller should be making money on shipping costs (if done properly, they don't have to lose, either). I hope you find this paragraph constructive and not derogatory.

Back on topic, I think it's unfair to call anyone who didn't automatically block the buyer a "Cal Hater" who took the buyer's side. Some people just like to be 100% objective when viewing a dispute such as this. Personally, I tend to follow the experiences of board members on ebay. I haven't blocked the buyer, but I will be aware of him moving forward. Here's the constructive part: if someone doesn't automatically take your side, don't play the victim. Instead, provide the facts such as issue, value, dates, and even message excerpts from ebay. This would rally more people to your side and call more attention to your auctions, which is a good thing, right. Again, I hope you find this constructive as it's definitely not intended to be derogatory.

-Adam

I'm not blasting away at you - please don't take it that way unless that's what you enjoy. But this last response shows some of the perception you are building with prospective buyers when they read you are not taking real cost into consideration, but more a law of averages what you have had to pay in the past.

I'd alter my thinking slightly to be more sensitive to the buyer experience rather than reflect on how much you may have had the screws put to you in the past on shipping costs so you are "passing along the experience."

That may have not been your intent, but that is the way the message is being delivered. This could be what is coming through with your current buyers that makes them disappointed with the engagement. I'd rather have loads of repeat buyers versus a bunch of drive-by shootings that afterwards they never want to come back for more as they note a trail of bodies from previous sales and bad feedback. That's the hurdle you may need to overcome.

Just a suggestion. I am not trying to offend you. We can save that for another thread that is meant to make you laugh a little. :baiting:

EBAY gave him your cell number??? :eek:

If you request it, eBay will give you the contact information, including phone number, for anyone you have a transaction with. Apparently Cal had his cell phone number listed in his eBay contact information. If he didn't want his cell phone number given out, then he shouldn't have included it in his eBay contact information. This contact information is available to anyone who buys from you, or anyone you buy from on eBay. This has been the case since at least 1998, and was implemented so that people can better resolve disputes on their own, or to allow pople to be able to contact each other if one loses e-mail access.

Whenever you request someone's contact information, YOUR contact info is also sent to them. This means that Cal also has dharry358's phone number. Phone numbers listed in your eBay contact info must be valid, current phone numbers or eBay will suspend your account if it is reported by another user.

I'm not blasting away at you - please don't take it that way unless that's what you enjoy.

BINGO! Cal is always the victim meh

EBAY gave him your cell number??? :eek:

If you request it, eBay will give you the contact information, including phone number, for anyone you have a transaction with. Apparently Cal had his cell phone number listed in his eBay contact information. If he didn't want his cell phone number given out, then he shouldn't have included it in his eBay contact information. This contact information is available to anyone who buys from you, or anyone you buy from on eBay. This has been the case since at least 1998, and was implemented so that people can better resolve disputes on their own, or to allow pople to be able to contact each other if one loses e-mail access.

Whenever you request someone's contact information, YOUR contact info is also sent to them. This means that Cal also has dharry358's phone number. Phone numbers listed in your eBay contact info must be valid, current phone numbers or eBay will suspend your account if it is reported by another user.

Yikes. I guess I understand the rational, but as "The Rock" Obama says,

"Interesting point, but me no like!"