• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walt Disney's Comics #29 - name on cover

15 posts in this topic

I just picked up this book (along Looney Tunes #9 in about the same condition) while antiquing with the wife, and while I'm extremely happy with the books, I'm struggling with the effects of the name written on the cover. The writing is not apparent from the inside of the cover, it looks like it was written without much pressure. What say you all, what does this WDCS issue grade? And if you are dinging it for the writing what would it have graded without? Thanks so much!

Front

WCDAS.jpg

Back

WCDAS_bck.jpg

Inside

WCDAS_inside.jpg

That's a nice book. It's harder to judge from photos (for me anyway), but it looks like an 8.0. I don't think the writing has much impact on the grade (or any at all).

Good eye... looks like a small scratch. I'll guess a picky 7.0... hard to go that low. What a great find!

Phenomenal copy! I was going to chime in with a solid 8.0 - 8.5, until someone caught the scratch . . . Great find! I have to go along with PF's 7.0, perhaps a 7.5 :)

As to the signature on the cover, this is a very common occurence in GA books / collections that I have found, and if not obstrusive, I don't think it impacts the grade at all. Obviously, it's better without it, but . . .

Good eye... looks like a small scratch. I'll guess a picky 7.0... hard to go that low. What a great find!

Phenomenal copy! I was going to chime in with a solid 8.0 - 8.5, until someone caught the scratch . . . Great find! I have to go along with PF's 7.0, perhaps a 7.5 :)

As to the signature on the cover, this is a very common occurence in GA books / collections that I have found, and if not obstrusive, I don't think it impacts the grade at all. Obviously, it's better without it, but . . .

"Someone" agrees with your grades (thumbs u

I just picked up this book (along Looney Tunes #9 in about the same condition) while antiquing with the wife, and while I'm extremely happy with the books, I'm struggling with the effects of the name written on the cover. The writing is not apparent from the inside of the cover, it looks like it was written without much pressure. What say you all, what does this WDCS issue grade? And if you are dinging it for the writing what would it have graded without? Thanks so much!

Front

WCDAS.jpg

Back

WCDAS_bck.jpg

Inside

WCDAS_inside.jpg

Boy, you did great on those! I love the fact that you found these in an antique shop. Dare I ask what you paid? Would love to hear you got a smokin' deal!!

From the looks of the condition I bet those books were stored somewhere and forgotten about, perhaps pressed between some other magazines or in the bottom of a chest of drawers. Whenever I chance upon garage sales I always look through the miscellaneous paper looking for a great find like this.

Love the book - it's a wonderful find and one that I'd add to my collection any day!

The 7.0 grade is probably a good bet, but you forget - it's a DUCK book - CGC is hard on duck books - 6.5 :)

"Someone" agrees with your grades (thumbs u

(thumbs u :boo::baiting: