• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very nice AF15 for sale on ebay...

71 posts in this topic

only advantage I can see is that he is agreeable to sending the book to Metro/clink, etc to hold till payment was received/cleared...

I would trust metro/clink, etc in NY to ship the book to the winner

man, with that feedback rating I wouldn't buy a $100 book from him

much less a 30-40k book...

:P

Yeah, amen to that...lol.

Hey I agree. I hope someone will recognize the serial number.

the book and the seller are legit... i would take him up on his offer to use a dealer as an "escrow" type service and you won't get hurt

the book and the seller are legit... i would take him up on his offer to use a dealer as an "escrow" type service and you won't get hurt

Before the sale or after?

I'd like confirmation from SF from Metropolis that he HAS the book....

exactly.... make arrangements with the seller to send the book to Metro...once metro confirms the book, you send payment to seller... I would think that would work

Well if Rick says he is legit I'm sure he is and an escrow arrangement will protect you. Peewee are you looking for another copy?

exactly.... make arrangements with the seller to send the book to Metro...once metro confirms the book, you send payment to seller... I would think that would work

Rick,

Is this a board member?

D

Well if Rick says he is legit I'm sure he is and an escrow arrangement will protect you. Peewee are you looking for another copy?

Always looking for a better one NOT another one. But who knows? This cat may have a $50k reserve on it.

To all:

I'll tell you one thing. If it is a legit book, it's one of the nicest AF15s in existence....REGARDLESS of the grade given. I've seen many many AF15s over the past 30-40 years and, asthetically speaking, that copy looks as good as any of the 8 or 9s out there. Both covers (front and back) are SHINERS ! You can take that to the bank.

I'd offer a trusted third-party a "fee". Send that third-party the money, have the book sent to the third-party and let them do an in-person exchange of money for book.

Actually - this one is something that spending a few dollars to pick-it-up in person makes sense. Except he wants 10% in that case. Why not just say - "meet you at the airport with a bag of money - try not to look suspicious when you hand over the comic"

In my case, it doesn't matter. My wife said "no". :)

I'd offer a trusted third-party a "fee". Send that third-party the money, have the book sent to the third-party and let them do an in-person exchange of money for book.

Actually - this one is something that spending a few dollars to pick-it-up in person makes sense. Except he wants 10% in that case. Why not just say - "meet you at the airport with a bag of money - try not to look suspicious when you hand over the comic"

In my case, it doesn't matter. My wife said "no". :)

Tell her you won't give her "any" for one MONTH if she does not let you buy it...

However, you have the best idea I've heard yet.

Rick,

Is this a board member?

D

don't think so... a friend of mine knows the seller and the book and he gave me the thumbs up to bid, so I did (didn't hit reserve)... but, like anything else out there in internet land, do your own research, contact the seller, and don't rely on anything I say as "fact", as I wouldn't want to be the reason anyone got taken if my friend is wrong...

that said, it is a pretty book