• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Robin Tecs + Tec 38 and 39

142 posts in this topic

is tec 30 garbage???? 4th batman..highest gpa unrestored is this "d" copy..????

what gives?

It will sell, Its just the non-Bat covers take a little longer than the Bat covers. All those early Tecs sell, look how the other issues went already.

very true...tec 30 is a relatively "scarce" book... I owned 3 diff tec 30's before I finally got that crippen for my run... maybe when george sells the others, he will give me a super sweetheart deal on it :wishluck:

what gives?

It will sell, Its just the non-Bat covers take a little longer than the Bat covers. All those early Tecs sell, look how the other issues went already.

very true...tec 30 is a relatively "scarce" book... I owned 3 diff tec 30's before I finally got that crippen for my run... maybe when george sells the others, he will give me a super sweetheart deal on it :wishluck:

so how would the Tecs be listed from a scale 1 to 12 when it comes to scarcity (issues 27 to 38) ? 28 would probably be first, right?

what gives?

so how would the Tecs be listed from a scale 1 to 12 when it comes to scarcity (issues 27 to 38) ? 28 would probably be first, right?

28 is for sure the toughest from 27-38....I would say 29 is the toughest of all the Pre-Rob Bat covers...

what gives?

There is a hierarchy in terms of desirability which is very similar in fact to the early Actions (from point 2 onwards).

1.) Pre-Robins before Robins (unless major key like #38)

2.) Batman covers before adventure covers.

3.) Classic covers vs Keys is a debate.

4.) Scarcity

Hence in looking what has sold in this thread to date it should not be surprising that:

Bat covers sold first:

#35 classic cover and scarce

#33 key (origin) and classic cover

#38 key - first Robin

Of the remaining my expected order of sale would be:

#37 relatively scarce Bat cover (in fact I'mm surprised it hasn't already sold)

and second Rick, how would you list Tecs 27 to 38 by demand ?

My view on demand for 27-37 is:

#38 is an interesting comic to place. There are those who don't like Robin and would place him att the bottom of the list. I would probably fit in just below #33.

what gives?

maybe..........maybe not

what gives?

28 for sure if the toughest from 27-38....I would say 29 is the toughest of all the Pre-Rob Bat covers...

In CGC blue I would have to agree that #28 was the hardest to find.

#36 and #37 are also difficult to find.

#38 is an interesting comic to place. There are those who don't like Robin and would place him att the bottom of the list. I would probably fit in just below #33.

I would too. 38 is an awesome book. Wish I had a copy.

I am surprised the 37 did not sell yet. It is a cool cover and the transition issue. Vey desireable. Only problem is not a lot of buyers out there who can afford one these days, especially in that condition. But in time it will sell, no doubt.

29 is more scarce than 31 ? I'm not sure maybe. I surely see more 29s on the market than 31

I've owned 3 #31s in the last year ( 2 blue 5.0s and an MP 8) and there is Bedrock's blue as well.

I'm sure Rick has seen more.

29 is more scarce than 31 ? I'm not sure maybe. I surely see more 29s on the market than 31

For sure. 29 is definitely tougher than the 31. Not by a mile in my opinion, but certainly I have seen more 31s than 29s in my short 18 year collecting career...

George, which Pre-Rob Non-Bat books do you think are most desirable? We know the 28 is the toughest, but is it the most sought after? My interest of rank based on covers alone would be:

Although, the Bat splash to #30 is pretty cool..

George, which Pre-Rob Non-Bat books do you think are most desirable? We know the 28 is the toughest, but is it the most sought after? My interest of rank based on covers alone would be:

Although, the Bat splash to #30 is pretty cool..

Didn't all those copies belong to Primetime ???:roflmao:

Does he still go by "Primetime"...... I heard he recently changed his name to Crimetime.....or Slimetime , REMEMBER...This individual is armed and dangerous, in addition he rarely uses deodorant..... :roflmao:

I'd place 37 above 36 only because I think the cover is better and similar to 31. 38 is a different animal but I'd guess it and 28 are the same.

Ed

I'd place 37 above 36 only because I think the cover is better and similar to 31. 38 is a different animal but I'd guess it and 28 are the same.

Ed

Ed, I agree. I have always liked the full moon/rolling fog Bat covers :)