• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's more important the sketch or the condition or both?????

95 posts in this topic

so Adonis, how much does Dan pay you to be his art rep?

I get paid in comics :( sometimes he will throw in the backboards for free, otherwise I have to pay .25cents for them.

art is number one for my personal collection however for resale that grade is key sketch or not.
Everything is for sale eventually (thumbs u

PS: Look for the books :baiting:

i unno, im working on a commission with an artist this summer, and its going to cost a fairly pretty penny, big investment, well for me anyways, and i would be disapointed if after all that money the condition of the book is less than 9.6, but this is the only case where its like that, where i would invest so much

I need 9.8s, 9.6s for expensive books only. Looking at defects on a book actually bothers me. Even when I collected Silver Age... I had 9.6s

I have to go with Danny on this one...I have trouble collecting comics (sigs or no) under 9.8. It makes my habit much more expensive ;)

well to respond to what Chris just said, i would not pass up on a hard to get quality sketch at 9.2 or lower, if the guy is charging like 400$ if the book was 9.8 i would expect a lower price for 9.0 especially since its modern books, theres no real excuse for them to get too damaged

I need 9.8s, 9.6s for expensive books only. Looking at defects on a book actually bothers me. Even when I collected Silver Age... I had 9.6s

I have to go with Danny on this one...I have trouble collecting comics (sigs or no) under 9.8. It makes my habit much more expensive ;)

Regular (non-sketch) comics are a whole different ballgame and I'm sure there are plenty that would agree that it's not unreasonable to want a 9.8 for a book...especially as common as 9.8's are in the modern era.

I'm surprised he hasn't brought it up yet, but look at Danny's (Par2ch's) Epting Fallen Son. If I'm not mistaken, it's a 9.2. I'd LOVE to have that in my collection as the level of detail trumps just about every sketch in my collection. If that sketch came up for sale, I would pay the same regardless of the grade.

Regular (non-sketch) comics are a whole different ballgame and I'm sure there are plenty that would agree that it's not unreasonable to want a 9.8 for a book...especially as common as 9.8's are in the modern era.

I'm surprised he hasn't brought it up yet, but look at Danny's (Par2ch's) Epting Fallen Son. If I'm not mistaken, it's a 9.2. I'd LOVE to have that in my collection as the level of detail trumps just about every sketch in my collection. If that sketch came up for sale, I would pay the same regardless of the grade.

Adam... it doesnt trump every sketch in your collection! but that epting is one my top 5 books of Dan's that i would want

but non sketch books are a different game cause theres always upgrading, all the books are the same, no two sketches are the same, so you cant just upgrade, like i can understand trying to get a 9.6 ASM 300 cause you dont want to get it at 9.4 and then upgrade later, but sketches are TOTALLY different like Adam said

Yep my Epting Fallen Son is the lowest graded Fallen Son in my collection and is in my top ten of favorites, do I wish it would have been a higher grade? Sure but it doesnt matter, I have no intentions of letting it go (right now at least)