• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who's gonna buy X-Men by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday?

8 posts in this topic

Of course it's rumor at this point, with more heavy confirmation of Cassiday on art, but I *am* a bit interested if Whedon's writing. I just couldn't make it through Morrison's X-run, so I've been out of the X-loop for awhile. Just curious if Whedon would make YOU pick up the book (well, that and Cassiday's cool art - although I'd rather have Planetary out on a regular basis).

Of course it's rumor at this point, with more heavy confirmation of Cassiday on art, but I *am* a bit interested if Whedon's writing. I just couldn't make it through Morrison's X-run, so I've been out of the X-loop for awhile. Just curious if Whedon would make YOU pick up the book (well, that and Cassiday's cool art - although I'd rather have Planetary out on a regular basis).

I would buy it, but I can't see how they could get Whedon for more than a 6 or 8 issue run, tops. Remember the year-long delay between Fray #6 and Fray #7? I can't see him holding down a regular title for long...too many other commitments.

Gene

I'll probably buy it, eventhough I don't have high hopes...

The only reason I'm reading (New) X-men at the moment is because of Grant Morrison's writing, in fact it's the only X-series I have enjoyed during the last 5 years...But now Grant is leaving and I'm not too happy about it.

But on the other hand John Cassady is one of my favourite artists at the moment and I have been following him since Planetary....

Remember the year-long delay between Fray #6 and Fray #7? I can't see him holding down a regular title for long...too many other commitments.

I would have said the same about Kevin Smith and Spider-Man/Black Cat but its now well over a year since issue #3 came out. Where's #4??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe they cut him some slack because its a mini series but still.