• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Combat #87 up on Heritage....7.0 third nicest copy?

42 posts in this topic

The buyers premium added $300 to the final price????????????? wtf??

When you bid, they tell you the amount you bid and the amount you'll pay with BP. I ignore the "bid" as it's a meaningless number and look at the amount I pay. They could have a 100% buyers premium and I could care less because I bid based on total payment.

When you bid, they tell you the amount you bid and the amount you'll pay with BP. I ignore the "bid" as it's a meaningless number and look at the amount I pay. They could have a 100% buyers premium and I could care less because I bid based on total payment.

That "bid" price is meaningless to the buyer, but that's the key figure used when determining the amount going to the seller.

Andy

That "bid" price is meaningless to the buyer, but that's the key figure used when determining the amount going to the seller.

Andy

Does Heritage take a piece of the final price AND the buyers premium as fees?

Andy

Yes, Jeffro, Heritage will pocket the 19.5% buyers premium and the premium that they get from the seller (0%-15%, they told me 10%).

Andy

Andy

Yes, Jeffro, Heritage will pocket the 19.5% buyers premium and the premium that they get from the seller (0%-15%, they told me 10%).

Andy

The buyer's premium is a device to make a consignor think they are taking home more than they actually do. Everything is negotiable if you have a large enough deal with them but their standard approach is to pocked the buyer's premium and the consignor's fee.