• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Combat #87 up on Heritage....7.0 third nicest copy?

42 posts in this topic

Well, that's a load of garbage if you ask me, but given how much business they do I guess I'm in the minority with that opinion.

It's common practice of long-standing in large auction houses so they are hardly alone. They charge premium prices but do deliver advertising, high quality printed catalogs, live auctions that they broadcast online, advance fees, auction archives and buyer financing.

I can tell you I do not mind paying a sellers premium for the services of a top notch company like Heritage as I have been scammed in the past BIG TIME!!! If you know how much work goes into the presentation of the merchandise and the actual auctions , you would not be grousing about the fees. In the collectable service industry, YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

On another note....

A certain grading service who was on site at a sports card show actually switched a card on me. It was so obvious as I had been given back a variation of my original card. The card, a Namath rookie, was what I had but they gave me one with the "Butterfly" variation, a smudge on his throwing hand.

I complained about it and had the police there too and I was told I was out of luck because it was my word against theirs.