• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noobie Introduction AKA Who tha???

38 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I been looking around on these boards for a while now and thought that it’s about time to join up and so, since I’m a complete noobie here, I thought it best if I introduce myself. The name is Tim and I’ve been collecting/enjoying comics since right around the time of the whole death of superman craziness.

My first real recollection of comics was around the age of 8 or 9 and came from my parents going grocery shopping at our local Dominicks (sadly gone now) and me trolling the toy aisle hungry for something to get my grubby hands on. One day I found the comic spinner rack and started perusing. Every now and then I’d pick up a G.I. Joe or transformers and get it (I was a crack addict for the cartoons) but on one occasion I ended up with what I thought was the coolest cover on the rack, Amazing Spider-man #274. To this day that is considered one of the greatest stories I’ve read in that title, and in a lot of comics. So jump about 6 years later and the hype for the death of superman got me interested in checking out the LCS in the area. After finding out they were bone-dry on superman, I once again ended up finding an Amazing Spider-man and buying it.

The rest is history, I’ve been collecting ever since.

These days I’m collecting whatever tickles my fancy from GA all the way up to modern with about 32 long boxes to show for it. I’m down to buying my last 6 issues of Amazing Spidy (including finding AF15) and then I’ll have the complete run, and that’s my ultimate goal. I also enjoy reading and watching docs about the history of comics and the creators thru the 40’s and 50’s, but especially Will Eisner, he’s tops in my book!

I only have two CGC’d books right now, which I’ll post pics of later, but I’m looking at the great stuff on these boards and trying like hell to keep my money in my pocket (that’s gonna become more difficult the more I’m on here, I’m sure :P ).

Wow, I just realized how much I’ve written! I promise guys I’ll try to keep the posting shorter from now on. :blush:

Take care and see ya on the boards!

welcome to the boards.

We have similar collecting interests. i finished my Amazing run about 2 years ago, but still lack a AF15. My first issue was 269,270 so right before you.

welcome to the boards.

We have similar collecting interests. i finished my Amazing run about 2 years ago, but still lack a AF15. My first issue was 269,270 so right before you.

Excellent noljoner. Congrats on the completion of the title at least!

:golfclap:I'm still fighting the good fight.