• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...YOUR BEST COMIC YOU OWN?

336 posts in this topic

Just figured I would make a new post seeing as I haven't for a while. I only have like 130 comics or something, but my best one is probably STRANGE TALES (120) in VF/VF+ condition - I know it's not stupidly rare but it's still a gem to me.

But I have 3 signature series CGC's which aren't really rare comics but all 9.8's and special to me.

What is your number 1 favorite comic you own?

WOW. You should post a pic sometime.

I'd love to own that!

X-men 1 CGC SS Mexican Variant from 1965..one of a kind!

I still don't know the grade, I am getting it signed but, it's not even in the census yet. I know..I just know that nobody else has ever submitted one. It's from the dissappeared publisher for South American countries: 'La Prensa'.

Good stuff!

Spidey webs under arm pits!!

I wish I had Iron Man issue 1 (not the Tales of Supense 39).

I really think the chances are slim, but does anybody have a Good or better copy of it they can sell me for a good price? it would be in a good home!! :P

"Best" as in the one we treasure the most..right?

That's the one I treasure most, yup. ;) I even have the receipt from the original purchase back in 1969 with it. 50 cents, 2 cents tax, 52 cents total. It was bought at Ben's super market in Riverton, Wyoming, on April 14, 1969. That receipt makes it even more special to me.

It probably won't be dethroned until I get a comparably valued Bat book, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

SpiritAug031952.jpg

I know I will likely come across as a neophyte on this one, but granted it's eisner and all, and I see the intrinsic value... Is the monetary value on this high?

I came across a stack of these for like 1 dollar each (pretty sharp condition/white) in an antique store, and never even picked them up as I assumed they were not worth much. (shrug)

Maybe they are still there.

These Spirit panels are pretty rate and tough to find if I recall. The few times I've seen some go up for auction, they do pretty well. 'Bout right?

And here's mine grail book...

AF15-Front.jpg

I have two personal "grails"...

My Ironman #1...actually just got my hands on this book...Ironman is one of my favorite characters...

ironman1front.jpg

And my X-men #1...its only a 1.0 but it is definitely my grail...I grew up on the X-Men and I gotta admit...I shed a tear the day I bought her...lol.

X-men1CGC10.jpg

SpiritAug031952.jpg

I know I will likely come across as a neophyte on this one, but granted it's eisner and all, and I see the intrinsic value... Is the monetary value on this high?

I came across a stack of these for like 1 dollar each (pretty sharp condition/white) in an antique store, and never even picked them up as I assumed they were not worth much. (shrug)

Maybe they are still there.

Depends on the date. The first one, 6/02/40, is very rare and I haven't seen one in better than VG or so condition. The first couple/three of months are pretty hard to find, especially in high grade. The last 11 are part of the Wood/Eisner "Spirit in Outer Space" arc. Distribution was very limited at this point in time, consequently these are very difficult to find in any grade and are rarely seen in HG. They go for multiples of Guide in any grade. A copy in lesser condition than mine sold in a Heritage auction a couple of years ago for $3300, for example.