• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...YOUR BEST COMIC YOU OWN?

336 posts in this topic

Nothing like my most rare, nothing like my most expensive, but this was the book that got me started on my fourth, and current, personal collection.

Found it in a bulk purchase box of otherwise mid- to low-grade garbage. It's the Northland copy. :cloud9:

Avengers52.jpg

My high grade FF #13, because it took me almost four years before I even had one single opportunity to buy a copy in 8.5 or better. Between 2000 and 2004 none whatsoever were on the open market except the one I bought from fellow forum member Drummy. Looking at GPA though, looks like 2005-2008 were a bit better timespan for market availability on that issue, but it's still a really tough one. I like my FF 49 better in many ways, because it's one of my favorite stories and pieces of cover art, but the FF 13 is my favorite overall entirely because of the long hunt required to obtain it.

I am pretty jealous!

I hope somebody messages me and reads that I'm after that book too.

Iron Man is one of my favorites too!

I have two personal "grails"...

My Ironman #1...actually just got my hands on this book...Ironman is one of my favorite characters...

ironman1front.jpg

And my X-men #1...its only a 1.0 but it is definitely my grail...I grew up on the X-Men and I gotta admit...I shed a tear the day I bought her...lol.

X-men1CGC10.jpg

The other book that has real significance for me is this one. It was the first book I pulled out of the first box of stuff from the USAF Mildenhall OO collection. That evening was wild, looking through all those gorgeous books, but this was first out of the blocks and went straight into my collection. :headbang:

Have a look at the price box and, even in the scan, you can tell how 'plump' the spine is. :cloud9:

Avengers116.jpg

The other book that has real significance for me is this one. It was the first book I pulled out of the first box of stuff from the USAF Mildenhall OO collection. That evening was wild, looking through all those gorgeous books, but this was first out of the blocks and went straight into my collection. :headbang:

Have a look at the price box and, even in the scan, you can tell how 'plump' the spine is. :cloud9:

Avengers116.jpg

does this one have both inserts? Those colors are so bold!

Not sure if it is the best I own, but it would be the first one I would grab in an emergency.

File Copy, Jim Warren, Frank Frazetta, Jack Davis :cloud9:

Creepy1fileSS.jpg

(worship) Not worthy not worthy...

I am pretty jealous!

I hope somebody messages me and reads that I'm after that book too.

Iron Man is one of my favorites too!

I love Tony Stark/Ironman...slowly working towards getting my hands on a TOS #39...but I so love the cover of Ironman #1...

No insert in that one. This one does, though.

IncredibleHulk159.jpg

I see you have the Adi Iron man asyour display picture =]

This is one of my treasures.

I love Tony Stark/Ironman...slowly working towards getting my hands on a TOS #39...but I so love the cover of Ironman #1...

79700.jpg.b3f4151bf55bec7f708d54b1faf37d55.jpg

No insert in that one. This one does, though.

IncredibleHulk159.jpg

the plot thickens :cry:

I see you have the Adi Iron man asyour display picture =]

This is one of my treasures.

Nice book! I love the sketch...picked up Ironman #2 last weekend...love this cover too!

Ironman2front.jpg

All of them!! Hulk # 1 , AF # 15 , FF # 1 . X-men # 1 , Brave and the Bold # 28,

Fantastic Comics # 3 , Hit Comics# 5, Exciting Comics # 39, etc. etc. Way to many to list!!!!!

Crazy nice!

but I'm pretty sure you would rather give it to me. lol!

Well, since this is clearly a thread inviting us to show off a little.... :shy:

I think the "best" book I have would also have to be one of the most iconic covers of the Golden Age.

Superman14cgc80f.jpg