• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

Some of you people are downright judgemental. (Not you, Res, you just happened to be the latest "reply to". ;) )

No one but the PMee has any idea why they removed themselves from the topic. You can yell "rude" all you want, that doesn't make it so.

There are lots of people who are shy in public. Some people think they're being "rude" or "snobbish" if they don't instantly come over and shake hands. The reality is, they're just shy. If you go up to them unannounced, you may even scare them. Some people may be shy on the internet, too. That doesn't mean they're rude.

Show some perspective, people.

Some of you people are downright judgemental.

No one but the PMee has any idea why they removed themselves from the topic. You can yell "rude" all you want, that doesn't make it so.

There are lots of people who are shy in public. Some people think they're being "rude" or "snobbish" if they don't instantly come over and shake hands. The reality is, they're just shy. If you go up to them unannounced, you may even scare them. Some people may be shy on the internet, too. That doesn't mean they're rude.

That is not the case here in this Thread.

CAL :makepoint:

CAL8000qcopy.jpg

I am IRON MAN!!!

CAL who likes Black Sabbath's music, not the Ozzy that urinated on the Alamo and got run out of Texas the next literal hour

Ok, I'll bite....

I made several "cases" in that post...to which do you refer?

Some of you people are downright judgemental. (Not you, Res, you just happened to be the latest "reply to". ;) )

I respect that you want to want to keep an open perspective towards the PMee.. as do I. I just don't know if I could buy the "shy" angle. A shy person would just not respond. It takes effort to remove yourself from the PM especially a 2nd PM where he/she was told "sorry for the out of the blue PM" & "Have a nice day".

But as you say.. keep an open perspective

But what I don't understand is that there are a few who OFFER TO PAY YOU MONEY $$$ FOR YOUR JUNK and there is no courteous replies.

I never understood that period, no matter how you cut it.

CAL who tries to buy a lot but gets turned away a lot

I wait for someone to PM me about a book they have for sale. In a few cases. I have edged them on in the thread they posted it in if the person is someone who I am familiar with. (2 exceptions are when people have offered to sell me a book publically and I sent them a PM and I was familiar with both people).

Ok, I'll bite....

I made several "cases" in that post...to which do you refer?

Uhhh

I am only going to respond with the case of the Original Thread Owner's case and my IMSM case I linked earlier.

I understand what you are saying but manners, or lack of courtesy and manners, is the point the Poster has this Thread's Issue. I agree with him 100% and I will close this post with a quote from Dr, H. Lecter from the movie "Hannibal": " I don't like rude people"...

CAL who likes H. Lecter

CAL v. RMA = The irresistable force v. the immovable object.

This thread may go to 100 pages now. :eek:

Hey Free entertainment! What;s wrong with that???

CAL (shrug)

I respect that you want to want to keep an open perspective towards the PMee.. as do I. I just don't know if I could buy the "shy" angle. A shy person would just not respond. It takes effort to remove yourself from the PM especially a 2nd PM where he/she was told "sorry for the out of the blue PM" & "Have a nice day".

I am not buying the "shy" angle.

CAL who is many things but being shy is not one of them

I doubt any of us who post here are shy

Not to mention the PMee has a sales thread so he/she does converse with other boardies.

CAL v. RMA = The irresistable force v. the immovable object.

This thread may go to 100 pages now. :eek:

Remember where Sharon was talking about those long ago days on the eBay message boards....?

Yeah, I was there. :) I learned long, long ago to not try and get Cal to see reason.

I only argue passionately if I think there's a chance someone might change their mind, or even just consider a different perspective, even if that someone is me. In other words, when there's a chance for understanding, if not necessarily agreement. With Cal, there's no chance of that ever happening, so there's really nothing to debate.

I just wanted to clarify what he was referring to, he did, so that's that.

I like to think I have a touch more class, patience, and a lot more sense of humor than Cal could ever hope to have. ;)

I doubt any of us who post here are shy

Not to mention the PMee has a sales thread so he/she does converse with other boardies.

Conversing with other boardies is not the same as receiving unsolicited PMs.

The truth is, no one knows the motives of the PMee, and until that happens, its all just speculation. Pronouncing "RUDE!" on someone with only half the story is unjustifiably judgemental.