• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate FF out today.

87 posts in this topic

Well I received them yesterday so I would say yah some places have them.

Sorry But that is impossible if you got this weeks books on Tuesday tell me where you got them from since they most likely were still sittting in the Diamond Warehouses on Tuesday.Release date this week is Friday and if you got books on Tuesday I am sure every comic retailer and Diamond,DC and Marvel would like to know where you got them from since they are not suppose to be sold until Friday.Then again you could be lying.Post a scan of one of this weeks books if you really have them to prove you're not lying.

Well I received them yesterday so I would say yah some places have them.

Sorry But that is impossible if you got this weeks books on Tuesday tell me where you got them from since they most likely were still sittting in the Diamond Warehouses on Tuesday.Release date this week is Friday and if you got books on Tuesday I am sure every comic retailer and Diamond,DC and Marvel would like to know where you got them from since they are not suppose to be sold until Friday.Then again you could be lying.Post a scan of one of this weeks books if you really have them to prove you're not lying.

ooo.gifooo.gifooo.gifpopcorn.gif

boo.gif My local comic shop used to get the regular Wednesday releases in a day early - if you have multiple locations, you can set this up thru your Diamond rep so you can obviously prep for subscription boxes and be able to sell on wednesday.

Picture this: Let's say I run a 5 store chain in Northern VA and the there are about 1 hour's drive between the two farthest: (Gainesville and DC) Meanwhile I also have stores north and south of these (Herndon and Alexandria) and the HQ store is in Fairfax -smack dab in the middle. It would make sense to order from one invoice for all 5 stores to the Fairfax location and distribute to the other four. If I got it all in on Wednesday morning (although knowing how UPS operates, it'd be more likely an afternoon delivery smirk.gif and beat to [!@#%^&^] to boot) I'd be screwed to get it to the other 4 stores sorted and available for my subs who pick up their comics on time every Wednesday. So based on this scenario, or any other hypothetical, if a Diamond retailer works out early delivery thru their rep, they can access their books early than official sell/release date wink.gif

How could that be? According to DeadUncleBen its impossible. tongue.gif

Look like I did the impossible because I picked it up Wednesday!

Unless the store was in a time warp and when I entered the store it was really Friday inside!

Unless the store was in a time warp and when I entered the store it was really Friday inside!

UPS takes New Year's Day off, I think. That is "UPS" not to be confused with "USPS".

Did you get it at Paradise?

Did you get it at Paradise?

I got mine there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Who's going to pick up UFF???

Anyone been looking forward to it? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm gonna get me one of those!

My first new comic bought off the rack since the early 80s! cool.gif

I picked up a couple of copies on Wednesday and thought that the book was a fun read. I will likely be adding it to the file now even though I have always considered the FF as a second-tier Marvel title. I highly recommend it. thumbsup2.gif

I picked up a couple of copies on Wednesday and thought that the book was a fun read. I will likely be adding it to the file now even though I have always considered the FF as a second-tier Marvel title. I highly recommend it. thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif893frustrated.giftonofbricks.gif

I read the preview (which was half the comic) in Wizard and it was a pretty good read, but I was annoyed by the "Muppet babies" approach to the characters. They make Mr Fantastic into a young man and make Sue Storm just another piece of [!@#%^&^] young woman which are in abundance in the comics world. It was all too obvious, although the writing was good and art was nice. It looks like a quality book, besides the premise which irritates me too much to jump in.

It would have been much more of a challenge to come up with an interesting take on the current characters than it is to make them kids and tell the origin story all over again. But I guess Marvel doesn't want a challenge, just some easy money and the book will certainly sell well.

How about the preview to the Marvel Knights FF series in the new issue of Wizard? The story is goofy and I can't get past the artwork which seems like a very poor ripoff of Travis Charest.

893whatthe.gif893frustrated.giftonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gif. Don't worry about it, it's a new project for FF fans on the forum. How the foundation of the Marvel Universe could be a second tier title is something we'll have to investigate.