• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate FF out today.

87 posts in this topic

I read the preview in Wizard and found it a bit flat, and Reed seems like some Jimmy Neutron clone or something.

Him building a teleportation device for public school, then demonstrating it and getting recruited by the government seemed a bit too tongue-in-cheek for me.

I read the preview in Wizard and found it a bit flat, and Reed seems like some Jimmy Neutron clone or something.

Him building a teleportation device for public school, then demonstrating it and getting recruited by the government seemed a bit too tongue-in-cheek for me.

Why does this not surprise me?

Ultimate book = Joe hates it. Why read the book?

What am I supposed to do, lie?

I read the preview, thought it sucked donkey balls, and will not be picking up the eventual TPB.

I should do the same to you fanboys:

Ultimate Book = Flying Donut slavering over it, and slamming anyone who disagrees.

Again, why am I not surprised - nothing like judging a comic by the preview. I'm not slavering over it - I'm going to actually ::shudder:: read the comic and then decide if I like it or not. That's usually how it works.

It goes further. Why buy a comic? They all suck, according to you. This way I can save some cash and buy some other stuff. Why see a movie? You've already told us that Punisher is going to suck, based on the preview and your knowledge of the movie industry, so that's $8 I don't have to spend. Anything else you want to let us know about?

Everything that people put up here as being good you instantaneously dislike. What DO you like?

Again, why am I not surprised - nothing like judging a comic by the preview.

Ummm, you do know the purpose of previews right? To entice readers to pick up an issue.

Well, I wasn't enticed, and I'm not saying the book will suck donkey balls for everyone, only that it definitely was not my cup of tea, I'm not going to waste my money buying the issue, when I already know what to expect.

Again, why am I not surprised - nothing like judging a comic by the preview.

Ummm, you do know the purpose of previews right? To entice readers to pick up an issue.

Well, I wasn't enticed, and I'm not saying the book will suck donkey balls for everyone, only that it definitely was not my cup of tea, I'm not going to waste my money buying the issue, when I already know what to expect.

What if I told you Ultimate FF #1 is going to be the next Hulk #181? 893whatthe.gif I bet you would go out an buy a long box full of them. devil.gif

hi.gif

Yeah, my comic shop told me this is the only week that comics are delayed in the holiday season. I'll get in Friday, I suppose. Looking forward to it - I liked the preview in "Wizard"...

Nothing like bursting my bubble. 893censored-thumb.gif I was so freaking psyched about going to the comicbook store today to buy my weekly reading material. cloud9.gif Whatever shall I do now? confused-smiley-013.gif My whole routine has been destroyed because of New Years. 893frustrated.gif