• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con 2009

114 posts in this topic

Green Lantern's run from #1 & #76 at 6.0 to 6.5 to #86 in 9.2-9.4; ASM raw are lower grade at the beginning but lots of fine to VF/NM copies. I am bringing the CGC group: #1 is 3.0 with white pages; #4 is 4.5; with several 6.0 to 7.0 and a few 8.5 to 9.2 and #33 is a 9.4 beauty.

I will have long runs of Y The Last Man Standing, Deadpool, and Walking Dead starting in the 40s to 60s. I will have many Marvel and DC keys like B & B #28; Aquaman #1; Several nice early Showcase including a low grade #14; Hulk 2-6; 181; ASM 121,129; etc.etc.

I am also bringing a few statutes, etc- highlight are two different sizes of limited edition Green Lantern lanterns and a few others (room permitting asI have already completely jammed the 5x8 trailer).

I will be on the road by noon tomorrow and hopefully, set up and ready to roll before 3:00- all depends on whether SOT (John) leaves me alone long enough. :D

I am still sorting last minute and will not have everything collated so please ask for what you are looking for as I have a fairly good idea of what I will have there (or at home that I can mail to you).

Off to bed- zzz

I'll be at the show on Saturday. I'll be wearing one of those black Action #23 T-Shirts from Target and carrying a black backpack. Feel free to stop me if you see me and say hi!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Stop on by my booth #240 always happy to meet new board members. (thumbs u

got back a couple hours ago. i had a good time. it was definitely small, there was very little way to tell it was a comic con outside the convention, and traffic was horrible, but it was still fun. dave peterson was signing for free. unfortunately, i didn't bring any of my issues of mouse guard, and they didn't have any for sale (only trades).

got 2 copies of archer & armstrong #0 for a buck a piece. same for rai #6 & #7. picked up 2nd copies of the walking dead #14, 57, & 64

got back a couple hours ago. i had a good time. it was definitely small, there was very little way to tell it was a comic con outside the convention, and traffic was horrible, but it was still fun. dave peterson was signing for free. unfortunately, i didn't bring any of my issues of mouse guard, and they didn't have any for sale (only trades).

got 2 copies of archer & armstrong #0 for a buck a piece. same for rai #6 & #7. picked up 2nd copies of the walking dead #14, 57, & 64

wow. i must have been the only board member who went on friday. i hope it made enough money to happen again.

wow. i must have been the only board member who went on friday. i hope it made enough money to happen again.

I was there all weekend, and Friday was a great buying day for me and a bunch others, and I got to meet Stan Lee for the second time in my life.

Great Show!

I had a blast on Saturday it reminded me of the good ol days of the SDCC before it went all Hollywood. Two problems I had were Amanda Conner was never at her table :( and the Give em Hell Malone panel was going to show The Mist instead of Give em Hell Malone.

This was my first Convention outside of the Phoenix Comic Con so I was not sure what to expect. While this Con might not have met everyone's needs, it exceeded mine by far. My sales goal was already met before the Con even opened thanks to several Board members with an assist to Stan Lee ( ASM #1 & #14 sold for signature series needs). I had strong interest and sales in Golden Age and Silver Age in various price ranges and good deals seemed to be appreciated by the buyers.

I will definitely return next year and may even get away from the table for purposes other than visiting the restroom or buying a Diet Coke as I really did not intend to be anti-social. I do appreciate several of you stopping by and introducing yourselves (and really appreciate the purchases).

Ed Robertson :cloud9:

Big Thanks to Ed Robertson. I love the books, especially the Wonderworld 12.

That is such a cool cover! Thanks for bringing it to dinner.

Ed is a great guy, I dropped a bit of coin with him as well.

Great meeting you! (thumbs u

Any dealer reports on the Long Beach Con?

B

Yes...Hi Brian,

"Primtime Comics" was set up and being just as evil as he always is!!!

I witnessed him swindle some poor 11 year old kid out of his CGC 9.6 ASM #300 for 5 bucks!!! He told the kid it was a reprint....

WARNING...BEWARE OF " :makepoint:PRIMETIME cOMICS' :makepoint:...THE GUY IS JUST PLAIN BAD NEWS!!!! (shrug)

:signfunny:

Any dealer reports on the Long Beach Con?

B

Yes...Hi Brian,

"Primtime Comics" was set up and being just as evil as he always is!!!

I witnessed him swindle some poor 11 year old kid out of his CGC 9.6 ASM #300 for 5 bucks!!! He told the kid it was a reprint....

WARNING...BEWARE OF " :makepoint:PRIMETIME cOMICS' :makepoint:...THE GUY IS JUST PLAIN BAD NEWS!!!! (shrug)

:signfunny:

:roflmao:

Big Thanks to Ed Robertson. I love the books, especially the Wonderworld 12.

That is such a cool cover! Thanks for bringing it to dinner.

Ed is a great guy, I dropped a bit of coin with him as well.

Great meeting you! (thumbs u

I would also like to give made kudos to Steve B. for letting me hang out with him all weekend and letting stay for FREE in the hotel which helped me out alot.

Plus the comic education is pricless. (worship)

thank you very much Mr. Borock.

We will be in touch of course,

John