• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con 2009

114 posts in this topic

I will be there for sure,I think I can smell a forum dinner at Famous Daves B.B.Q across the street. mmmmmmm :cloud9:
I love famous daves -- try the catfish fingers -- the dipping sauce is to die for -- :cloud9:

I will be there for sure,I think I can smell a forum dinner at Famous Daves B.B.Q across the street. mmmmmmm :cloud9:
I love famous daves -- try the catfish fingers -- the dipping sauce is to die for -- :cloud9:

OH YEAH! (thumbs u

Thanks. The link works.

Suggestion: a couple of years ago my kids thought it would be cool if artist alley had a drawing area for kids and a resident artist to provide encouragement. If the exhibit hall is as big as stated in the interview, there may be room for this.

I wish the LBCC would update the exhibitors list on their site. The con is 8 weeks away, and they're still just listing 15 exhibitors. Hotflips isn't listed, and the boys stated at the beginning of this thread that they'd be set up there.

Although I would love to do this show, we are not as of right now. I mentioned earlier in this thread that Marvel and DC are supposed to be there, not us.

Jeff

Got it. But Marvel & DC aren't on the list either! I'm sure they have more than 15 exhibitors by now.

My name is Ed Robertson and I will be exhibiting at the Long Beach Convention. I am a long-time collector who has set up next to Harley Yee at the Phoenix Comic Convention for the past four years and Terry O'Neill's Yorba Linda show this past February. Several of you have purchased from me at both shows and can vouch for me (good or bad). I retired from Banking this year and have begun to sell off some of my over 200,000 comics.

I will have 40-50 long boxes of mostly Silver Age and Bronze (about half will be in $5 & $10 per book boxes) with many keys. I will also have some nice GAs including almost 200 ECs, and some nice CGC issues: Atomic Comics #1 (6.5), Big Shot Comics #1 (6.5), Green Lama #5 (9.0), Mystic Comics #5 (7.5), Tough Kid Squad #1 (6.0), Superman #11 (7.0), Batman #6 (5.0), and several other nice graded issues plus several short boxes of $10-200 GAs that sold well at Terry's show. This is not meant to be an "advertisement", just wanted to let those of you who can make LB know there will be "fresh meat" there.

I have not posted here before as it took me quite a while to add a non yahoo email account to gain access. Hopefully, this will not be my last post and I will see many of you at LB in October.

My name is Ed Robertson and I will be exhibiting at the Long Beach Convention. I am a long-time collector who has set up next to Harley Yee at the Phoenix Comic Convention for the past four years and Terry O'Neill's Yorba Linda show this past February. Several of you have purchased from me at both shows and can vouch for me (good or bad). I retired from Banking this year and have begun to sell off some of my over 200,000 comics.

I will have 40-50 long boxes of mostly Silver Age and Bronze (about half will be in $5 & $10 per book boxes) with many keys. I will also have some nice GAs including almost 200 ECs, and some nice CGC issues: Atomic Comics #1 (6.5), Big Shot Comics #1 (6.5), Green Lama #5 (9.0), Mystic Comics #5 (7.5), Tough Kid Squad #1 (6.0), Superman #11 (7.0), Batman #6 (5.0), and several other nice graded issues plus several short boxes of $10-200 GAs that sold well at Terry's show. This is not meant to be an "advertisement", just wanted to let those of you who can make LB know there will be "fresh meat" there.

I have not posted here before as it took me quite a while to add a non yahoo email account to gain access. Hopefully, this will not be my last post and I will see many of you at LB in October.

Welcome. I hope you stick around on these boards. (I also hope you have a few books I need.)

I've never been to Famous Daves. Is it safe to handle comics at a BBQ joint?

It's called wipe your hands with the towelettes :makepoint:

:jokealert:

One time in Virginia when I was a kid we we were eating at a fast food joint and I was fooling around with one of those plastic containers of BBQ sauce. The next thing you know it had exploded! Expecting to see myself or my brother covered in BBQ sauce; we were surprised to find ourselves completely clean and sauce free. Thinking we had escaped the hand of vengeance we started to eat our meal and suddenly heard people two tables over going, "Where did that come from?!?"

You have been warned!!

I've never been to Famous Daves. Is it safe to handle comics at a BBQ joint?

It's called wipe your hands with the towelettes :makepoint:

:jokealert:

One time in Virginia when I was a kid we we were eating at a fast food joint and I was fooling around with one of those plastic containers of BBQ sauce. The next thing you know it had exploded! Expecting to see myself or my brother covered in BBQ sauce; we were surprised to find ourselves completely clean and sauce free. Thinking we had escaped the hand of vengeance we started to eat our meal and suddenly heard people two tables over going, "Where did that come from?!?"

You have been warned!!

Warning noted lol