• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elvis' comic collection

13 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been gone over before and I missed it on the search.

I always hear about Elvis being a huge Captain Marvel Jr fan and having a collection of comics still sitting in Graceland. My questions are, has anyone ever seen these comics close up? What kind of grades are they? What is the scope of his collection? All Captain Marvel titles?

I wonder if Nic Cage ever got a chance to look.

It's well documented that the King read comics, however, I've never run across any claims or evidence that he actually collected them. (I've read all of the respected biographies.)

My sense is that he seemed more like a read 'em and trash 'em type personality, but I could be wrong.

(shrug)

My sense is that he seemed more like a read 'em and trash 'em type personality, but I could be wrong.

Maybe they're all covered in peanut butter and bananas.

Maybe they're all covered in peanut butter and bananas.

with a sprinkling of heroin

:signfunny:

(shrug)

Maybe more of a "roll 'em and smoke 'em" type I would wager.

C

It's well documented that the King read comics, however, I've never run across any claims or evidence that he actually collected them. (I've read all of the respected biographies.)

(shrug)

I've seen it mentioned in a few places that he had a collection, though it can all come from the same faulty source. In the book "Was Superman a Spy" by Brian Cronin it is mentioned on page 219 for example that his collection still sits in Graceland.

Supposedly the top floor of Graceland is untouched since the day he died, and I don't think they've ever released photos of it or done anything that shows what it looks like up there, so I guess its possible theres a comic collection sitting in his office or something. Not sure how anyone would really know though.

Steve