• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

C2E2 is definitely on it's way with some amazing guests to start out :applause: , but I just wanted to make a few additional suggestions (in no particular order). I've been going to the Chicago con for quite a while (since before it was bought by Wizard) and the guests I'd be most excited to see are people who haven't been to the Chicago show or people who haven't been back in a while...

Stan Lee (I've never had the pleasure of meeting the MAN)

Bryan Hitch (who Wizard enticed us with the possibility of last year)

Grant Morrison

Frank Quitely

Ed McGuinness

Chris Bachalo

Leinil Yu

Kevin Maguire

Dale Keown

Ron Garney

Terry Moore (my wife loves his work! Seeing both him and Jeff Smith would make her VERY happy)

Stan Sakai (one of the all around nicest people and one of my favorite people in comics)

Neal Adams

Jim Steranko

Thanks! :grin:

C2E2 is definitely on it's way with some amazing guests to start out :applause: , but I just wanted to make a few additional suggestions (in no particular order). I've been going to the Chicago con for quite a while (since before it was bought by Wizard) and the guests I'd be most excited to see are people who haven't been to the Chicago show or people who haven't been back in a while...

Stan Lee (I've never had the pleasure of meeting the MAN)

Bryan Hitch (who Wizard enticed us with the possibility of last year)

Grant Morrison

Frank Quitely

Ed McGuinness

Chris Bachalo

Leinil Yu

Kevin Maguire

Dale Keown

Ron Garney

Terry Moore (my wife loves his work! Seeing both him and Jeff Smith would make her VERY happy)

Stan Sakai (one of the all around nicest people and one of my favorite people in comics)

Neal Adams

Jim Steranko

Thanks! :grin:

Mama - Mr. Moore and Mr. Smith will be at the event and their booths are in the front of the hall 550 and 552.

Mama - Mr. Moore and Mr. Smith will be at the event and their booths are in the front of the hall 550 and 552.

(worship):banana::cloud9:

Thanks so much for the info and the quick response- I just told my wife that he will be there too and she's extremely excited!!!!

Guest list:

Alex Ross - Alex Ross's photorealistic paintings have garnered attention throughout the comics world and beyond. He has made a name for himself as both an artist and a storyteller. He studied illustration at the American Academy of Art in Chicago, then honed his craft as a storyboard artist before entering the comics field. His 1993 miniseries Marvels (Marvel Comics) opened a wider acceptance for painted comics. He followed that with the series Kingdom Come for DC Comics, which remains one of the most successful graphic novels in comics history. He painted a series of tabloids for DC Comics celebrating Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman, which were then collected as The World's Greatest Super-Heroes. Ross co-created the Earth X projects for Marvel and Justice for DC. He is currently working on Superpowers for Dynamite Entertainment and Avengers/Invaders for Marvel. He was the subject of the 2003 book Mythology: The DC Comics Art of Alex Ross (Pantheon). His non-comics work includes creating the poster for the 2002 Academy Awards®, the opening credits for Spider-Man 2, and multiple covers for TV Guide and Village Voice.

Ben Templesmith - Ben is a New York Times best-selling artist and writer most widely known for his work in the American comic book industry where he has received multiple nominations for the International Horror Guild Awards as well as the industry's top prize, the Eisner Award. He's also won a Spike TV Scream Award. As a creator, his most notable works have been 30 Days of Night (which has now spawned a major motion picture) and Fell. His other projects include the critically-acclaimed serial Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, as well as Welcome to Hoxford, (recently optioned by Chris Columbus) and Singularity 7, all of which he also wrote. He has also worked on the Star Wars, Doctor Who, GI Joe, Army of Darkness, Silent Hill, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer properties and produces art and design for musicians, DVD, toys, and film concept work.

Ethan Van Sciver - Ethan Van Sciver, 35-years-old, is by now a being of pure energy and light. Without Ethan Van Sciver, we wouldn't have Cyberfrog, Flash: Iron Heights, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Sinestro Corps., or Flash: Rebirth. And if we did, they wouldn't have half the number of lines in the drawings. His skin is pale, but soft and yielding to a gentle touch. His eyes sparkle, with the slightest crease of crow's feet at the corners, clues of acquired wisdom with age. His hair is as if God's own mare sacrificed a blessed patch of nourishing hay, sparing only enough to cap and warm his delightfully impish mind. His newest projects? Whatever they may be, they will fill the shelves of the tasteful and imaginative comic book fans the world over. He is Ethan Van Sciver. And for the weekend, he belongs to Chicago.

Geoff Johns - Geoff Johns is a critically acclaimed, New York Times Bestselling comic book author, and a writer and producer for television and film. Geoff originally hails from Michigan, where he attended Michigan State University, earning a degree in Media Arts and Film. Geoff has quickly become one of the most popular and prolific comic book writers today. His current re-imagining of Green Lantern has pushed the character to the height of its popularity in its decades-long publishing history, rivaling Spider-Man and Superman. He has also worked on such titles as The Flash, Teen Titans, Action Comics, Justice Society of America, Infinite Crisis, and the experimental breakout hit series 52 for DC with writers Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, and Mark Waid. In television, Geoff developed Blade: The Series with David S. Goyer, and penned the acclaimed "Legion" episode of Smallville. He also wrote for the fourth season of the Emmy Award-Winning Robot Chicken, and co-produced the first season of Titan Maximum. In film, Geoff is currently working with Warner Brothers on development within their DC Comics library. Geoff has also written the story for Sony's unprecedented DC Universe MMO. Geoff recently won the 2009 Spike Scream Award for Best Comic Book Writer, and is currently writing DC Comics' 2009 blockbuster event, Blackest Night

Jackson "Butch" Guice - Jackson "Butch" Guice has built a varied career with nearly three decades of experience as a comic artist. In the early 1980s, his work on Micronauts, New Mutants, and X-Factor for Marvel earned him a reputation as a solid and exciting draftsman. He moved to DC for a fan-favorite run on post-Crisis Flash before settling into the 1990s delivering steady work for both companies. Following a tenure at CrossGen on the Harvey and Eisner nominated title Ruse, he briefly collaborated with Kurt Busiek on Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis and illustrated numerous comic albums for the European comic market for French publisher Humanoids. He is now back with the publisher he started his career with, working exclusively for Marvel on such titles as Iron Man, Captain America, and Ultimate Origins, as well as currently embellishing Bryan Hitch's pencils on Captain America: Reborn.

Jeff Smith - Multiple Eisner and Harvey Award winner Jeff Smith broke out on the comics scene in 1991 with the celebrated and well-loved fantasy, BONE. U.S. publisher Scholastic brought this indie comic to a whole new audience with a full-color version in 2005, now with over 3 million color graphic novels sold. In 2008, Cartoon Books debuted Jeff's newest adventure series, RASL, a sci-fi, noir thriller to critical acclaim.

Jill Thompson - Jill Thompson is a multiple Eisner award winning comic book creator. She has been drawing comics for well over half her life and is proud to have collaborated with many of this industry's great talents. She has garnered acclaim for her work on titles such as Classics Illustrated, Wonder Woman, Sandman, Finals, the Badger, Death: At Death's Door, The Little Endless Storybook and Beasts of Burden. She is best known for creating and illustrating The Scary Godmother Series of books which not only have been adapted for the stage, but for television as well. The Scary Godmother and The Revenge of Jimmy have enjoyed yearly places on The Cartoon Network's Halloween holiday rotation. In 2008-2009 Harper Collins released Magic Trixie, Jill's latest all ages series chronicling the tales of the little witch Magic Trixie, her cat Scratches and the pupils at the Spectral Park Monstersorri School. Jill loves being an ambassador of comics to libraries and schools across the country and often conducts workshops and participates as a guest speaker whenever her schedule allows.

Mike Perkins - Beginning his comic career in the esteemed pages of 2000 AD, Mike went on to illustrate sequential storytelling – in both pencil and ink – for Caliber Comics, Marvel UK, DC Comics and Dark Horse. In 2001 Mike moved to Florida to work in the studio environs of CrossGen relinquishing his pencil for inking opportunities on the multi award-nominated Ruse alongside Mark Waid and Scott Beatty, Butch Guice and Laura Martin. After a while his penciling fingers started itching again and he created Archard's Agents and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang to showcase his abilities. After CrossGen, Mike moved to Marvel, illustrating District X, Spider-Man Unlimited and the Elektra movie adaptation. This work lead to the co-creation of Spellbinders, collaborating with the magnificent Mike Carey. Whilst penciling this project Mr. Perkins was also inking Captain America and went on to pencil and ink alternate arcs on the highly acclaimed run alongside Steve Epting, Ed Brubaker and Frank D'Armata – resulting in multiple Eisner nominations, Harvey and Eagle awards. Alongside his work on Captain America Mike also illustrated mini series runs on Union Jack, X-Men: Endangered Species, House of M: Avengers and Annihilation: Conquest as well as contributing to the Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust? One-shot. His most recent work has been illustrating Marvel's adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand

Mike Mignola - Mike Mignola is best known as the award-winning creator/writer/artist of Hellboy, a comic series following an eponymous demon, the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, and their fight against various supernatural forces around the globe. The Hellboy saga, beginning publication in 1993, has crossed across comic books, animation, toys, video games, and – in 2004 – a live-action film starring Ron Perlman. Mignola served as a Visual Consultant for both the 2004 Hellboy motion picture as well as its 2008 sequel, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. Outside of Hellboy, Mignola co-authored (with Christopher Golden) the novel BALTIMORE, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire. Mignola lives in southern California with his wife, daughter, and cat.

Mike Norton - Mike Norton has been working in comics for over 10 years now, gaining recognition on early projects such as The Waiting Place and Jason and the Argobots. After becoming Art Director for Devil's Due Publishing in 2001, he drew the first Voltron mini-series and worked on several G.I.Joe related projects. He's been working on his own since 2005 making a name for himself working on books like Queen and Country, Gravity, Teen Titans Go!, Runaways, and All-New Atom. Most recently is the penciler for Blue Beetle and Green Arrow/Black Canary.

Steve McNiven - Steve has been penciling comic books for a while now, mostly at home with his cats. His wife and daughter think he's doing a pretty good job, too. His work can mostly be seen in the pages of Marvel comics under such titles as Amazing Spider-Man, The New Avengers, Marvel Civil War, and Wolverine. When he's not working, he loves to attend conventions such as the one this blurb is attached to, where he gets a chance to talk to fellow comic fans and buy even more art books that won't fit into his already stuffed studio.

I think if this show is suppose to be the biggest and best I would want to see a huge old school blast of guests:

Stan " Cockaroach" Lee

Jim Steranko

Bernie Wrightson

Joe Simon

Neal Adams

Romita Sr

Romita Jr

Herb Trimpe

Ernie Chan

Miller

Along those lines....MAke it the best ever.

I think if this show is suppose to be the biggest and best I would want to see a huge old school blast of guests:

Stan " Cockaroach" Lee

Jim Steranko

Bernie Wrightson

Joe Simon

Neal Adams

Romita Sr

Romita Jr

Herb Trimpe

Ernie Chan

Miller

Neal Adams & Herb Trimpe have done cons recently, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them. Would love to see Stan, Steranko, Wrightson, Simon, or Frank Miller come to Chicago. Got books of theirs that I could get signed

Hey, these guys better be living or I'm not printing the BBQ coupons.

Seriously - when you listen to people with a passion it makes our job easier and fun. Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Watcher thems are bouncy. :)