• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

Can I sit next to Doug Mahnke all weekend? I'll behave.

I thought it was mandatory to have a soul patch and work for USPS to do this? :shrug:

When you get shanked at C2E2, you will know who it is ...

:cloud9:

Hopefully, I can get in close before you realize its me.

Wednesday from 1 - 4:30 PM ......... as far as I can recall

Really? For a show that runs Fri-Sun? Must be a Union thing.

It'll be a barren wasteland on Wednesday. Too many people have full time jobs to take an unnecessary day off.

Unions make a killing.

T.O. was the same. Set up opened Thursday morning, but nobody really showed up till late Thursday or early Friday.

Wednesday from 1 - 4:30 PM ......... as far as I can recall

Really? For a show that runs Fri-Sun? Must be a Union thing.

It'll be a barren wasteland on Wednesday. Too many people have full time jobs to take an unnecessary day off.

Unions make a killing.

T.O. was the same. Set up opened Thursday morning, but nobody really showed up till late Thursday or early Friday.

we already had hotel booked for Wednesday night so we`ll be there on Wed. for early load in -- then kick back

Does set up start Wednesday or Thursday?

Jim

Yo Jim - do not wait till end of day to show up for move-in. Things move fast but depending on the volume, do not show up late.

http://www.c2e2.com/en/Exhibitors/Exhibitor-Manual/Show-Information/

Move-in, Show and Move-Out Hours

MOVE-IN AND SET-UP HOURS:

The installation of exhibits will take place during the following schedule. Obviously, your installation cannot begin until your freight is delivered

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM

Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM

OVERTIME CHARGES APPLY to any work performed before 8:00am and after 5:00pm on weekdays and anytime on Saturday and Sunday.

SHOW HOURS:

Friday, April 16, 2010 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM (Open to Professionals only)

1:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Open to Public)

Saturday, April 17, 2010 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Open to Public)

PLEASE NOTE: Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. There will be no exceptions.

DISMANTLING AND MOVE-OUT HOURS:

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:01 PM – 9:00 PM

Monday, April 19, 2010 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM

In accordance with the display rules and regulations, no exhibits or display may be dismantled before the official close of the show at 5:00 PM on Sunday, April 18, 2010.

I get in Wednesday too, but I'm busy with the retailer events Wed. night. They have to be open on Wednesday for move-in for the bigger booths, especially. I'm helping HERO Initiative set up on Thursday when I'm not at the Retailer Summit downtown.

Of course, Friday morning is mainly the premier exhibitors and the retailers running around getting their free stuff. If C2E2 is like any of the NYCC's, a lot of the artists don't mosey in 'til around 1 pm on Friday, so it's real hit and miss on getting books signed or signing up for sketch commissions Friday morning. Some artists are great and there first thing. Others... aren't. :) Friday morning is a great time to figure out where everybody is going to be during the weekend and what signing schedules look like for the big publisher booths.