• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed comics?

Signed comics:  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Signed comics:

23 posts in this topic

I guess it depends which comic, who signs it, and the placement of the signature. I just submitted my Fantastic Four 50 CGC 8.5 for Joe Simon to sign as I've always wanted his signature on one of my Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer books. I was seriously considering having him sign my FF 48 CGC 9.2 but the cover is very busy and I was afraid it might drop a grade. The FF 50 cover is much more clean with space to sign (requested him to sign on the bottom of the Silver Surfer's board)

I'm not a big fan. Writing on a comic is a defect. To me it defaces the book. CGC has made this profitable therefore collectors have their uber HG books scribbled on and are given a nice new yellow label. To each his own. rantrant

Do you mean specifically SS books or DF books as well? I'm all for SS books but some bad instances with DF books put me right off them.

Get a great creator to sign a great book and it's a beautiful thing man.

Do you mean specifically SS books or DF books as well? I'm all for SS books but some bad instances with DF books put me right off them.

You know what an even more beautiful thing is? A great book with no writing on the cover. :slapfight:

I think signed comics/ OA on comics is a great thing. (Although you do see some tasteless stuff done I will admit)

It is a whole new market.

Believe it or not I DO think there are books that should not be signed. Certain older books/ busy covers/ high grades should not be disturbed.

I think signed comics/ OA on comics is a great thing. (Although you do see some tasteless stuff done I will admit)

It is a whole new market.

Believe it or not I DO think there are books that should not be signed. Certain older books/ busy covers/ high grades should not be disturbed.

(thumbs u

I'm not a big fan. Writing on a comic is a defect. To me it defaces the book. CGC has made this profitable therefore collectors have their uber HG books scribbled on and are given a nice new yellow label. To each his own. rantrant

I concur (thumbs u

Like God you mean :preach:

You know what an even more beautiful thing is? A great book with no writing on the cover. :slapfight:

That graemlin makes me laugh so much lol

:slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight:

I guess it depends which comic, who signs it, and the placement of the signature. I just submitted my Fantastic Four 50 CGC 8.5 for Joe Simon to sign as I've always wanted his signature on one of my Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer books. I was seriously considering having him sign my FF 48 CGC 9.2 but the cover is very busy and I was afraid it might drop a grade. The FF 50 cover is much more clean with space to sign (requested him to sign on the bottom of the Silver Surfer's board)

Why did you want Joe Simon to sign an FF 50? That's a Stan and Jack book. I don't understand. ???

Me too. lol

:preach:

I never noticed that graemlin before, you think it'd be used more 'round these parts :whistle:

I have no interest in signature series or signed comics at all. If I wanted a signature, I'd rather get a sketch or OA.

SS books... :sick:

I'd be ok with them if they just signed the plastic case...

To me a signed book is flawed.

If a comic had an area on its cover that was losing a little color.. but this was covered by a signature... would this be restoration? hm

SS books... :sick:

I'd be ok with them if they just signed the plastic case...

To me a signed book is flawed.

If a comic had an area on its cover that was losing a little color.. but this was covered by a signature... would this be restoration? hm

doh!

The only signed books I like are the ones I get signed FOR ME. Anything else is the same as child's scribbling on the book. And, it would not hurt my feelings if others feel the same way about my signed books.

(thumbs u

-slym

Why did you want Joe Simon to sign an FF 50? That's a Stan and Jack book. I don't understand. ???

Oh good.....I thought it was just me.....