• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1 Smiley Face

9 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to buy a 2.0 copy of ASM 1. The major defect is what looks like a tape pull that has removed Mr. Fantastic's face from the cover. At some point a kid redrew the face and shoulders with a pen. I am wondering if CGC would treat this as ink on the cover (blue label) or as restoration (purple label).

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thx, Mike

Call and ask them. That's a tough one, but if I had to bet without knowing, my bet would be that they'd call it amateur color touch.

Call and ask them. That's a tough one, but if I had to bet without knowing, my bet would be that they'd call it amateur color touch.

Agreed, that is a tough call. Let us know how it turns out.

Best advice is to call, but my guess would be that random graffiti is treated exactly as what it is - there has been no attempt to restore the book to it's original state, amateur or otherwise. Like when Spidey has his eyes colored in on an AF 15 = Blue Label.

I agree it is a tough call and a call to CGC is in order. But I think Scott is thinking along the same lines as me. If the face has been - well - defaced by tape and an effort to "redraw" it is done, even by a kid, well - that could, at least technically, qualify as Amateur recreation of the face - aka color touch.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2.0 copy of ASM 1. The major defect is what looks like a tape pull that has removed Mr. Fantastic's face from the cover. At some point a kid redrew the face and shoulders with a pen. I am wondering if CGC would treat this as ink on the cover (blue label) or as restoration (purple label).

Thx, Mike

stick tape on it again and pull real slow.... :baiting:

Thx, Mike

hm deface the defacing of de face . . . lol

Thx, Mike

hm deface the defacing of de face . . . lol

Orale. :sumo:

I agree, it is a tough one, but since so much art was attempted to be re created I imagine it would get a Slight A label.