• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Aquaman 50, how much does interior defect hurt grade

4 posts in this topic

Howdy folks, long time lurker first time poster. Been collecting and grading for about 20 years. I’ve just started buying key Sliver-age again. Never sent anything in to slab, but I have a few, plan to send some in when I have enough bulk to do one of the 30+ book tiers. Anyway was wondering how hard hit this book would be with the interior defect

Aquaman50Fr800.jpg

Aquaman50Ba800.jpg

And here is the issue. It's hard to see on the interior cover but the marker is fading onto the cover just above WIN in the add. Notice in the above cover scan you can't notice the bleed at all.

Aquaman50Intmark.jpg

They are notoriously tough on SA DC's. I'd think the little spine nicks would hold this otherwise lovely book down to an 8.5 or so. the interior writing with magic marker over it would cost another grade or two. My guess would be 7.5 ish.... hm

and WTTB's........

I wouldn't send it to CGC - it just doesn't look like a good candidate for it.

You should put a piece of microchamber paper over the marker, and hopefully it will keep any more marker from migrating to the FC.