• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con 2009

117 posts in this topic

finally an update on the web site -- and its the :censored: con rates for the hotels .... this is getting disappointing quick .. they could at least announce somebody or something ..... why would i want to go and book my hotel when i know absolutely nothing about the show yet .. :mad:

The list so far:

Michael Golden

Bernie Wrightson

Art Baltazar

Gary Friedrich

Chris Giarrusso

Bryan J. L. Glass

Tony Isabella

Joe Jusko

David Mack

Todd Nauck

Josef Rubinstein

Steve Scott

Mark Sumerak

Mark Texeira

Herb Trimpe

Renee Witterstaetter

Marv Wolfman

Thom Zahler

Lots more guest announcements to come!

I'm personally excited to see Joe Rubinstein on the list, because I've never met him. He has inked some of my favorite comics. I also haven't seen Marv Wolfman since the 1984 Chicago Comicon, so that will be cool. And it's always great to see Bernie Wrightson, Tony Isabella, Joe Jusko, and Herb Trimpe! (And my step-daughter loves the $1 sketches from Art Baltazar!)

Hopefully there are some big names yet to be announced!

Bernie Wrightson

Joe Jusko

Todd Nauck

Josef Rubinstein

Mark Texeira

These guys are all new and very solid. But no real "Wow" additions like last year when they had Alan Davis.

well , well -- they announced another guest -- Fred Hembeck doh! come on guys -- I loved the show last year but am rapidly loosing interest this year -- last year I bought a booth , I believe in April , and this time they still dont have any dealer info listed doh!

Barry Kitson has been added.

Doesn't mean much to me, but I know that he is popular among people who follow modern comics. He had a huge line there 2 years ago.

:whatev:

+1

The show just picked up big time.

Barry will be coming in from the UK the day before the show and right afterwards will head to Baltimore for the week and then head home right after the con. Was really nice of him to add Mid Ohio with his very busy schedule. Plus he doesn't charge for sketches.