• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HG SA Marvel slabs

102 posts in this topic

Then why could it not be politely stated? Just a little courtesy.

Guys, please, take this to a PM and beat it to death. This is a sales thread.

Not appropriate to throw the rhythm of the sales off like this. We do this enough, CGC is not going to see the value of allowing the sales area.

No disrespect meant to anyone. But let the man sell the books he selected.

Thanks!

:signofftopic:

Flee has to make this guy holding up a sign that says:

"No Thread Krapping"

You know what, he didn't do anything wrong. He did get dissed a little.

Let's move on. They can obviously sort it out through pm, but the guy simply asked a question.

but the guy simply asked a question.

Along with two years of periodic and unsolicited PMs...

ahhh...back story. Got it. Then I see where the response came from and it may have been warranted then.

(thumbs u

That's right..unsolicited PM's (well if you continue to beetch about not wanting someone de-railing your threads, how else is someone supposed to contact you?)...perhaps ONE PM every six months (go ahead deny that you have EVER heard from me more than 3 times in the last 2 years) and each email consisted of "You have great books and I would very much be interested in buying from you." The responses received conisisted of gems like "NOT INTERESTED"...or "NO." Real friendly.

And yes, all of you are right, this should be solved by PM's BUT when someone acts rudely and for absolutely no reason...no matter how good his inventory is, if he's acting like a d-bag, he should be called out on it...publicly.

That's the real back story.

Oh, and I am up to 6 PM's from other board members telling me that I did nothing wrong and that the response (as usual) was uncalled for and rude as is to be expected by someone who (and I quote) : "Is terminally on the rag."

Nice to be a part of these boards.

2ndtimearound?

What happened the first time around?

Most sellers are very polite if you throw a few :takeit: into their threads.

:idea:

In fact, if you're buying, they'll even be polite when you're rude.

:slapfight:

Example:

Dammit Bob, post that Strange Tales 125 so I can buy it already. What's the problem?

:roflmao:

First time around was 30 years ago and then stopped...2nd time around started about 2 years ago and really enjoy being back in the hobby except when encountering rude, arrogant and prissy dealers..which so far amounts to a grand total of...ONE.

Everytime I offer to buy...I get shut-down responses like "NO." Believe me, if I ever received a response like, "I am not selling those grade of books now, but if I do, I'll let you know" that would be cool and I would just chill and wait for something to pop up on the boards. But instead, just have gotten pissy, snarky responses as clearly evidenced by the attitude exhibited earlier in this thread...I have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of books from other dealers and all have been wonderful except one.

Everytime I offer to buy...I get shut-down responses like "NO."

Actually, the response you got from me is "no thanks, Steve". It was unambiguous, as it contained only those 3 words. Such a response is indeed a "shut-down". It's meant to indicate politely but clearly that the book you've sent me a PM about, and numerous PMs about in the past, is not for sale.

The following books are still available. Scans are posted in the thread in the order the books are listed below:

Captain Marvel #1 cgc 9.2 white...$215

Marvel Super-Heroes #1 cgc 9.2 ow/w...$120

Sgt Fury #22 cgc 9.6 ow...$225 Northland pedigree

Sgt Fury Annual #1 cgc 9.0 ow...$115

Thor #169 cgc 9.4 ow...$190

Tales to Astonish #64 cgc 9.4 ow/w...$425

Tales to Astonish #85 cgc 9.2 ow/w...$120

Tales to Astonish #89 cgc 9.4 ow/w...$190

Tales to Astonish #99 cgc 9.4 ow/w...$250

Tales to Astonish #100 cgc 9.4 white...$290

Hulk #104 cgc 9.4 ow...$300

Strange Tales #155 cgc 9.2 ow...$95

Strange Tales #156 cgc 9.2 ow/w...$100

Strange Tales #157 cgc 9.2 ow/w...$135

Fantastic Four #83 cgc 9.4 white...$180

Daredevil #41 cgc 9.4 white...$150

Hulk #108 cgc 9.4 white...$175

Tales to Astonish #76 cgc 9.2 white...$120

Tales to Astonish #70 cgc 9.2 ow...$215

Hulk #109 cgc 9.4 ow...$175

Hulk Annual #1 cgc 9.4 white...$450

Submariner #11 cgc 9.0 white...$50

First time around was 30 years ago and then stopped...2nd time around started about 2 years ago and really enjoy being back in the hobby except when encountering rude, arrogant and prissy dealers..which so far amounts to a grand total of...ONE.

Everytime I offer to buy...I get shut-down responses like "NO." Believe me, if I ever received a response like, "I am not selling those grade of books now, but if I do, I'll let you know" that would be cool and I would just chill and wait for something to pop up on the boards. But instead, just have gotten pissy, snarky responses as clearly evidenced by the attitude exhibited earlier in this thread...I have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of books from other dealers and all have been wonderful except one.

I wanted my 6,000th post to really mean something significant: to contribute positively to this Forum.

Unfortunately the 6,000th post will be expended on this unfortunate hi-jacked thread created by namisgr.

I will try to make this as brief and compacted as possible:

This is namisgr's thread. He started the Thread with the LIST of Titles of the comics he is listing THIS TIME AROUND. He did NOT list the actual Issue numbers, and this is almost routinely done here on this CGC Forum-Only Selling Thread(FOST).

A LOT OF WORK goes into these FOST's. A lot of decisions are made on-the-spot which books to scan, price and group to get the most bang per listing. For example, this Thread has several Silver Surfers to sell, and a prospective buyer might pull the trigger if he can get three or more at the same time to help economize ship costs, and s/he may be negotiating a slight discount for multiple books.

I re-read this entire Thread three times before I decided to put my 2c here.

OK 2ndtimearound inquired about SPECIFIC FF Issues. Namisgr responded something-like: "I don't have those specific Titles for sale".

PM's were exchanged. But 2ndtimearound has taken offense to namisgr's responses.

It looks like to me that 2ndtimearound expected a certain way to be talked to; a certain way namisgr is SUPPOSED to respond to an inquiry to buy from him. It has been my personal experiences online to be better off just accepting a short, hurried answer as namisgr or anyone else just may not have the time to write a long answer at that time. It has also been my experiences that I have read into a response some rudeness, crassiness, and I was WRONG a lot of the time. Once the other person explained how and why they worded a PM response back to me it made sense and they almost always told me that they did not mean to sound rude, crass, short, but I TOOK it that way. Too much sensitivity does no one any good.

My interests here: I too, as others have already posted above, do NOT want to see CGC start policing the FOST's as closely as they are going to start the Comics General; nothing good can come of that and the Mods can close this section down if it starts becoming disruptive and troublesome.

Also I have been posting with/ to, and even buying from namisgr for close to five years now. I feel that I can vouch for him and give him the highest recommendation. Now of course we are NOT personal friends, buddies, yadda yadda, but I respect him a LOT, more than most of the other CGCers here that participate on this Forum. He delivered the goods as promised, and if anything, he could have gotten mad at ME for pestering him a few months ago for a certain run of a few Issues I was trying to get lower prices on. His responses EACH TIME to me were short, brief, less than 25 words, but he was still, imo, respectful, and tolerant. Remember, I wanted something that HE had. He is under NO OBLIGATION to sell to anyone he does not want to sell to. This is not eBay that he HAS to sell to the highest bidder; this format is the first post w/ :takeit: wins the comic, as long as s/he pays for it within the SELLER'S guidelines.

I do not know anything about 2ndtimearound. Never seen him before this Thread. He admits to being somewhat of a "newbie" here, on this Forum, but not new to comic book collecting/dealings. Speaking for myself only on this point, I like having as many "newbies" as we can possibly get. Those "newbies" are going to be handed the torch when us oldsters step down if you know what I mean. We need the newbies. We like most of the newbies. Even I get along with most of the newbies, which is an accomplishment in itself.

I am closing this post with a friendly suggestion to 2ndtimearound: take a deep breath, re-read any PM responses with putting yourself in that Seller's shoes. This is important, and it has been my experiences with PM's here and eBay, Inquiries are most welcome. Sometimes we do NOT have a lot of time to go back and forth over the same Issue over and over, and this will lead to you either getting the quick-count cookie-cutter response to save time or outright ignored, which might be a tad worse for those of us with sensitivities. I get Inquiries all the time, mostly from ebay, but do get a few from here, and I have never gone out of my way to make the Inquirer to feel unwelcome. One quick example: the CGCer repeatedly begged me to sell him my TTA # 76 Green River Pedigree. Pestered me on eBay and here. I had to tell him that it was not for sale at that time. He was furious with me but he KEPT THE PERCEIVED slights to private emails. A year later, The TTA 76 GR was eventually sold, the Inquirer did not get it nor even said a word about it other to congratulate me on a sale that netted far more than he thought it would go for. He now buys other Issues from me and is nice to me. Why? Because we both were allowed the opportunity to "save face" instead drawing that line in the sand and HAVE TO go to war over harsh posts, flames, whatever. This is the benefit of keeping things private until an Issue is resolved. I guarantee that namisgr did NOT intend to be rude and the other things you said he was to you. Others PMing to you agreeing with you: means nothing here. Most of us are going to decide what we see with the posts at hand, not the she said/he said mentality.

Chill. If namisgr says he does not have those FF Issues out of his boxes, what do you expect him to do? He may not even have those Issues.

I hope this all ends well for everyone involved.

Happy Memorial Day Holiday, everyone!

Actually, the response you got from me is "no thanks, Steve". It was unambiguous, as it contained only those 3 words. Such a response is indeed a "shut-down". It's meant to indicate politely but clearly that the book you've sent me a PM about, and numerous PMs about in the past, is not for sale.

Context determines meaning...and the difference here, it seems, between "NO" and "no thanks" is HUGE.

I wanted my 6,000th post to really mean something significant: to contribute positively to this Forum.

Unfortunately the 6,000th post will be expended on this unfortunate hi-jacked thread created by namisgr.

CAL, I think your 6000th post actually hit paydirt, as I was totally impressed.

Now buy some books from Bob and that will be the icing on the cake he wanted.

Actually, the response you got from me is "no thanks, Steve". It was unambiguous, as it contained only those 3 words.

C'mon, Bob... be truthful. You know that your response consisted of only two words, whose first initials were F and O.

BTW, will you be listing your FF #50 anytime soon? :baiting:

Context determines meaning...and the difference here, it seems, between "NO" and "no thanks" is HUGE.

Do you even know what "context " means ?

:baiting:

:hi:

:whistle: