• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got back my PGX re-sub from CGC ................

132 posts in this topic

Long story short:

I buy a Batman #27 PGX 5.0 blue label on ebay for $178, figuring I can't lose at that price (guide is about $500).

I get the book and decide to re-sub it to CGC

I give it to CGC still in the PGX slab.

I pray for a couple months it does not get the dreaded purple label

And here is the book just back from CGC :banana:

:

bat27.jpg

Result. I'll give you $179 :baiting:

Seriously that is a damn good turn out Robert (thumbs u

Man, that is a great outcome on that book. I figured you would say it came back .5 off either way, but 1.5 :o . thats a serious difference not just in grade but price also. Good for you though.

DRX

That is an awesome story..never heard the upgrade from PGX to CGC, interesting hm

My biggest worry was paying to slab it and get the purple label, damning the comic to a lifetime of purple label stigma

All I wanted was a blue label 4.0 and I would have been very happy

That is an awesome story..never heard the upgrade from PGX to CGC, interesting hm

My biggest worry was paying to slab it and get the purple label, damning the comic to a lifetime of purple label stigma

All I wanted was a blue label 4.0 and I would have been very happy

I gotta say, even purple would be cool, yeah that's an all-around good book.

4.0 purple..it would still be cool

Ive bought 3 PGC book and regraded them.

they all came back exactly the same

What's a PGC ? (shrug)

CGG was changed to PGA then switched to the more well-known company name PGX. I believe PGC is a typo error.

Congrats on a SWEET resub! Good to hear you didnt get a PLOD on it.

But in all honesty, do you agree with the grade? Because I am REALLY considering having all my GA graded fast if they are this loose. I would give the book a 5.0

And please dont take this as me trying to bash your sweet pickup (love me some GA Bats) But by those standards I would press and resub that bad boy FAST!