• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL MANIAC'S VINTAGE BOOKS & VINTAGE SALE PRICE STICKERS: FF# 52

14 posts in this topic

8.5 - possible 9.0 Niice!

To put things in perspective - purchasing this in 1983 would be like buying a 1992 comic for $14 today - what minor keys from 1992 would be worth around that much in raw 9.0?

Would that many spine ticks along with two soft corners really be allowed in a 9.2? Not questioning your grades, just genuinely interested.

Would that many spine ticks along with two soft corners really be allowed in a 9.2? Not questioning your grades, just genuinely interested.

being honest here - I am looking at my cgc 9.0W and I would rather have this copy.

being honest here - I am looking at my cgc 9.0W and I would rather have this copy.

I was only asking because this book looks much better (in hand - I know the scan's bad) than the one in the thread.

I was only asking because this book looks much better (in hand - I know the scan's bad) than the one in the thread.

yeah who knows - i know that every 52 I have ever seen looks a bit over-graded by cgc. When I first got my 9.0 in the mail I was pretty dissappointed thinking it was over-graded. I've seen one or two other 52s in this range and they appeared to be over-graded by about a point(9.0 looks more like a 8.5) . Maybe its the black cover that shows every little defect?

I have seen this many spine ticks on a 9.4 I really do think this has a genuine shot at 9.2

ff52-1.jpg

I can see why you were a bit disappointed - that looks like an 8.5 tops- but it does have white pages! It actually looks comparable to the other copy - except for the top left corner - and if that is color loss due to a printing defect rather than wear - it might not have hit the grade that hard.