• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM My Showcase 23 2nd Green Lantern.

46 posts in this topic

Hey guys..Looking for opinion on this book.

It has two tiny tears at the top edge and bot edge of the cover staples have no rust mirgration.Bottom staple is just a little off color but inside the staples look great..

Pages are OW leaning towards cream but not quite there..

presents very well.BUT opinions needed

Thanks in advance for any comments,

JZ

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apparently not as worn as you think... here it is before i cracked it out of the case. 5.5 FINE - seeing whos on their toes..3.5??? not even close. Couple of you guys pretty close but in hand its a lot nicer then the pic shows .Photobucket

I was going to say 4.0. I guess the scan exaggerates the wear, but I would have thought the the multiple creases on the uppper corner would keep the grade down, as well as the wear around the staple.

Here's my former CGC 4.0. It has similar defects but I think yours does have better eye appeal.

Showcase23.jpg

Just shows (AND PROVES) that CGC's grading is a bad joke. Too bad they have already ruined the hobby by doing favors for big dealers. They are all laughing, and filling their pockets with money at YOUR expense. I still say it's a 3.5, if mine was a 4.0. Either that or mine was seriously undergraded (no surprise...), and should have been a 5.5/6.5. Go figure.

Apparently not as worn as you think... here it is before i cracked it out of the case. 5.5 FINE - seeing whos on their toes..3.5??? not even close. Couple of you guys pretty close but in hand its a lot nicer then the pic shows.

Doesn't even look like the same book. Why did you crack it out?

I wish the ink on mine was as nice as yours .That color is nice if you compare the 2..

Thanks, I was definitely pleased with the color strike (just cracked it out a week or two ago).

Apparently not as worn as you think... here it is before i cracked it out of the case. 5.5 FINE - seeing whos on their toes..3.5??? not even close. Couple of you guys pretty close but in hand its a lot nicer then the pic shows.

Speaking of the same book, I just noticed that the slabbed 4.0 you posted is actually my book. Was that yours at one point? As you can see from my scan, there is quite a bit of wear on it that isn't visible in your small scan.

And I cracked it out to read it!

Speaking of the same book, I just noticed that the slabbed 4.0 you posted is actually my book. Was that yours at one point? As you can see from my scan, there is quite a bit of wear on it that isn't visible in your small scan.

And I cracked it out to read it!

I just sold it to you two weeks ago. I'm 'phinders-keepers' on ebay. I thought it would grade higher than a 4. That's the only reason I slabbed it to begin with. Glad to see you cracked it out. I should have. I might have got more bids raw.

I wish the ink on mine was as nice as yours .That color is nice if you compare the 2..

Thanks, I was definitely pleased with the color strike (just cracked it out a week or two ago).

Jerry's got a 5.5, yet he likes my old 4.0 better. CGC grading...........go figure....

Resub my old 4.0, and I'll bet it comes back higher.