• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM My Showcase 23 2nd Green Lantern.

46 posts in this topic

VK.. Yeah with those 20 HUGE cracks in the spine. Def a 6.5 yeah it was WAAAY undergraded.. lol .As far a CGC grading.goes..It is what it is..You can go the the "other guy" if you want but ill stick with CGC and take my chances..Weve all had bad grades and also gotten good ones Good with the bad..

Also this is a scan you are making a grade on not in hand so you cant say what mine"should be" You havent had it in your hand have you??

I posted the book to see what opinions were and the guys who have took geusses on my other books BEFORE i slabbed them have been pretty close.. As usual..

Some of the guys on here are really good at getting close to actual grade but your grade was based on what"yours " looked like not mine a 3.5 i think not..

Sounds to me like your upset because yours got the grade it did and have a grudge aganst CGC IMO

Also, sorry but the one I have has MUCH more eye appeal then that 4.0 you had..You have to take the whole book into consideration as im sure you already know..

My suggestion to you if you hate CGC so much dont use em..No one is forcing you to "fill their pockets" with your money are they??

Maybe your grading needs some work if you keep getting bad grades most stuff i send in is .5 either way ..You can say mines a 3.5 if you want to Thats up to you but i have the label that says its a 5.5 TYVM

Ill get off my soap box now..This isnt even the right forum for this debate..

How can ANYBODY grade 'in hand' on an internet forum? Duh.

Even with the spine ticks on my old copy, I say it was still wrapped better, and had tighter staples.

Hate CGC? Disappointed is more like it. There aren't any problems with my grading. Check out other PGM's I've participated in, and you'll see I pretty much nailed them, in regards to others opinions.

I don't hate CGC. But I will only use them when I HAVE to, to enhance the sales of my HG Bronze, Copper, and Moderns (when I'm ready to sell them). As long as collector's are spending 'stupid' money on 9.8's, I'd be stupid not to slab 'em.

I don't think I'll ever use them on Gold or Silver again. CGC actually creased the spine on a nice copy of Four Color #386 I subbed two years ago. I believe it easily cost me $500-$1,000 on my sale, by knocking it down 2 points. Sad thing is that there is no recourse when these type of 'accidents' happen.

Oh, and your 5.5 'label' don't mean , now that you've popped it open.

I dare you to resub it. If it comes back 5.5 or higher, I'LL PAY FOR GETTING IT SLABBED.

I tell you what // get back your 4.0 we will resub both .. who evers comes back higher gets to keep the other..DEAL?? Doubt youll take me up on it..

Spine TICKS?? HUH Are those huge cracks and folds TICKS?? I must be missin something here.

Im not gonna debate this issue with you here Its pointless and not the place for it but take me up on my offer i could use your 4.0 copy as well ..Since i would win that bet hands down..

We can get a 3rd party to take the books send em in and see who the winner is..Like i said i could use an extra copy..

And if you dont take me up on my offer ill send you the bill once it comes back as I am going to resub it,,hell since your paying for it ill get the fastest service i can..Why not its on you.

I tell you what // get back your 4.0 we will resub both .. who evers comes back higher gets to keep the other..DEAL?? Doubt youll take me up on it..

Spine TICKS?? HUH Are those huge cracks and folds TICKS?? I must be missin something here.

Im not gonna debate this issue with you here Its pointless and not the place for it but take me up on my offer i could use your 4.0 copy as well ..Since i would win that bet hands down..

We can get a 3rd party to take the books send em in and see who the winner is..Like i said i could use an extra copy..

And if you dont take me up on my offer ill send you the bill once it comes back as I am going to resub it,,hell since your paying for it ill get the fastest service i can..Why not its on you.

I doubt I can get my copy back, NOT that I want to. And yes, it's pointless to debate, but you ARE missing 'something' here. You still haven't said why you cracked out your 'beautiful 5.5 to begin with. At this point, who cares? meh

Your right..I cracked it cuz i won it and wanted to..fair enough?

And i will take you up on the offer to pay for my slab ill send you the invoice once it comes back..

Thanks very much Gotta love free grading ,,

And i will take you up on the offer to pay for my slab ill send you the invoice once it comes back..

:blahblah:

Foolish or toolish? hm

Anyone ever call you Mr. Goodwrench? :roflmao:

I thought maybe you opened it because the cheap CGC case cracked during shipping... :makepoint:

Like I said, at this point, I don't care....

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

:hi:

:blahblah:

Foolish or toolish? hm

Anyone ever call you Mr. Goodwrench? :roflmao:

I thought maybe you opened it because the cheap CGC case cracked during shipping... :makepoint:

Like I said, at this point, I don't care....

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

:hi:

Since you love your little smileys and what not so much ..heres one for you VK.. Photobucket

NUFF SAID!

No i dont but you would give it a 9.2 ..

...and you'd probably buy it........... :roflmao:

....pass that popcorn, you bogart!........

Thanks!...... :popcorn:

My book does NOT have "cracks and folds" on it. :mad:

My book does NOT have "cracks and folds" on it. :mad:

I guess Jerry would just have to see it 'in hand' to appreciate it..... lol