• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anti-Snipers must love this...

12 posts in this topic

I lost a book on E-bay today and it really pissed me off. (yes I did lodge a complaint to ebay). As I was in the process of sniping a book I entered a bid at the last seconds of the auction. My bid was too little and I had time to enter my final bid amount...but wait... a stupid pop-up appears and totally messes up my timing. Hence the bid was entered too late and I lost the book (my final bid was enough to win the book).

Damn, I lost a nice book and the seller got less money. What is Ebay thinking???!!! mad.gif

I guess you haven't bid recently. You could have just opted out of that contest and not have those annoying pop-ups show up. BTW, what makes you think that you would have won? tongue.gif

Let's just say that it wasn't a high end book but the grade was nice and the price was right.

It's actually the principle of me (or anyone else) loosing an auction because of this pop-up that ticks me off. frown.gif

I am pretty sure I would have won because I was was battling the same bidder on similar books by the same seller. I won the other auctions because my final dollar amount was generally more than he was willing to offer in each case wink.gif .

Hi greggy,

I was bidding on an auction Sunday that I lost, but it wasn't because of the pop-up. I agree the pop-up is very annoying. Maybe it is a new scheme being utilized by Ebay. smirk.gif I have been thinking about using the new Opera browser because I think it allows you to block pop-ups and it is also a lot faster and lighter than IE. I think the new Mozilla browser may do the same. Maybe that will work for you?