• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Robin - Say it ain't so! [spoilers]

40 posts in this topic

In Battle for the Cowl #3, Dick Grayson is obviously the new Batman. That was a no-brainer. I didn't need a multi-issue storyline to determine that.

But in the last panel, it appears the bat-brat Damien is the new Robin. Am I correct in this assessment? I hope not, because I hate that character and ever since he reappeared a year or two ago, I've been hoping for some horrible accident to claim his life -- Alfred pushing him down the stairs, crushed under the T.Rex, Ras comes back and snuffs him out mercilessly for being a rotten grandson, a copyright/trademark infringement lawsuit that forbids DC from ever using him again -- anything. Anyone got the Joker's phone number? I have a crowbar giftwrapped for him.

And what was the matter with Tim Drake? He was arguably the best Robin since Carrie in DKR. Heck, I'd rather see the Dick Grayson Batman without a Robin (a la Batman in the 1970s) that have him team up with Damien. Damien is just a bad, weak character all around.

Thank you Grant Morrison for completely destroying the books I loved. You big, stupid, Scottish wanker (thumbs u

I agree. I really enjoyed reading Robin and especially Nightwing. DC just don't understand that Batman and its related titles are going to sell as long as the stories and artwork is good. They don't need to do all of this crazy stuff to sell books :mad:

So what Nightwing books will be good pick ups now?

Judas Contract finally getting its due now?

Early Nightwing Mini?

I wouldn't have thought any to be honest.

Maybe the first mini or 'Alfred's Return' (shrug)

I honestly can't see any of them becoming sought after, he's never been an overly-popular character.

Never thought I'd be nostalgic about this again.

batman-a-death-in-the-family_page_081_image_0001.jpg

Shall we petition DC for an updated version?

Just re-read as I listed some of my dupes on eBay. Awesome stuff, still one of my favourite Bat storylines (thumbs u

I really only started collecting real comics in the early 90's as I grew up in a small town where I could only buy Archie, Scrooge and Richie Rich. When I moved to a big city to attend University I found a comic shop and that Batman run was the first comics I bought there. I still remember seeing the 4 book on the wall, I think I paid around $40 for them. I still have them and they are probably my favorite comics I own.

Never thought I'd be nostalgic about this again.

batman-a-death-in-the-family_page_081_image_0001.jpg

Shall we petition DC for an updated version?

I read that years ago......very emotional stuff at the time.

I'll give this a try, after sitting out all the battle for the cowl hoopla. zzz

:gossip: And I'm pretty sure we're supposed to dislike Damian.

Reading the interview linked by The Brain, I was struck by this (admittedly self-serving) tidbit from Morrison:

Having just heard our advance orders for the first printing are the highest DC's had in the last few years

Thank you Grant Morrison for completely destroying the books I loved. You big, stupid, Scottish wanker (thumbs u
I have been saying this since last year. Next we will need Geoff Johns to write every Bat title to straighten out this mess..

I have been saying this since last year. Next we will need Geoff Johns to write every Bat title to straighten out this mess..

It's a shame that Neil Gaiman's two books were squeezed into this mess. They showed just how a good a Batbook can be when written really well. THis whole Morrison thing has really pissed me off.

And how the :censored: can Batman & Robin be the flagship title?? Jesus Christ you already have two Batbooks which are relatively established to carry the can :mad:

rantrant