• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Lebron and the CAVS going down hard

105 posts in this topic

If not for a miracle shot the CAVS would be down 3-0 in this series and looking at an arena full of brooms ........... sweeeeeeep!!!

It's time to stop calling him the next Jordan. There is no guarantee he will ever win one title, let alone 6 like Jordan (which would have been 8 if he didn't decide to play baseball in the middle of the 6 titles) :blahblah:

Lebron is a great player, but basketball is not a one man game. Almost ...... but not quite.

And I am not ready to even call him the best player in the league yet. There is a guy named KOBE who has 3 rings (like the puppet said) and it looks very likely it will be 4 and counting after this year.

If anyone deserves to be compared to Jordan, it is Kobe, not Lebron.

Win a title first and then start the comparisons. Regular season records mean nothing. He may have to get out of Cleveland and get away from the "Cleveland curse" before winning a title. 2c

I'm guessing you meant from a purely offensive, athletic standpoint? maybe. As an all around player and person? no.

LeBron is more like Oscar Robertson than Jordan with the way that he focuses more on rebounding and assists, and neither of them excel at as many areas of the game as Jordan did, perhaps with the exception of 3-point shooting, which they're both better at than Jordan was. Neither of them are as good a defender as Jordan became either. Jordan was also a better penetrator and finisher at the basket, although Kobe is really close to being as good a penetrator. I've seen Kobe display similar but not the same level of rim acrobatics that Jordan displayed. He could literally go 1-on-5 and you felt like he couldn't be stopped...Kobe's really close to that, but just a level below. Highlight reels of Jordan's first 3-4 years in the league have some highlights that NOBODY has been able to duplicate yet, he was just amazing when he'd take anybody to the hoop anytime he wanted to. (worship)

I generally agree though, Kobe's the closest to Jordan we've seen. LeBron's a different player. It's not fair to compare LeBron's lack of rings to Jordan yet as a sign of his comparative effectiveness...Jordan didn't have success until Scottie Pippen got good. LeBron's got no player of Pippen's caliber on his team yet to help carry the load when he's off his game or on the bench.

I'm guessing you meant from a purely offensive, athletic standpoint? maybe. As an all around player and person? no.

This post should be in the Water Cooler.

He dove for balls like a man possesed a the age of 41 or 42 while most of his "superstar" team mates derided him off the court..

Jordan had class and played hard in both defense and offense.

He was a team player. It took a while for the first 3 rings to be earned as it takes time to get the team right but he couldn't do it alone. Nobody can.

kobe and LBJ both lost in the NBA finals. nuff said

If not for a miracle shot the CAVS would be down 3-0 in this series and looking at an arena full of brooms ........... sweeeeeeep!!!

It's time to stop calling him the next Jordan. There is no guarantee he will ever win one title, let alone 6 like Jordan (which would have been 8 if he didn't decide to play baseball in the middle of the 6 titles) :blahblah:

Lebron is a great player, but basketball is not a one man game. Almost ...... but not quite.

And I am not ready to even call him the best player in the league yet. There is a guy named KOBE who has 3 rings (like the puppet said) and it looks very likely it will be 4 and counting after this year.

Win a title first and then start the comparisons. Regular season records mean nothing. He may have to get out of Cleveland and get away from the "Cleveland curse" before winning a title. 2c

And that might be the difference between the two. Jordan probably would have been able to win a title WITH Cleveland.

He dove for balls like a man possesed a the age of 41 or 42 while most of his "superstar" team mates derided him off the court..

Jordan was NOT gay! Not that there is anything wrong with it.

I agree, Kobe is a better all around player and can do more than just get a step on a guy on the way to the hoop for a slam dunk.

A) Kobe had Shaq when he won he 3 rings. That is one of the top 3 centers of all time and he lost in the finals last year....so nothing is guaranteed.

B) The cavs are also one shot from being up 2-1....this series is not over by any stretch of the imagination. Lebron is 24 years old and has along time to win rings.

C) It took Jordan 7 years to get to and win an NBA Finals....these things take a while to build and everyone is getting all worked up about a kid trying to do it by himself. Lebron won 3 state basketball championships in 4 years of high school. He is a winner and will get his rings.

Is it really true that the 1 sec elapsed before LJ made that miracle 3-er???

This clown was supposed to send me this "YouTube" clip that showed the clock truly expired...

Curious CAL

I agree, Kobe is a better all around player and can do more than just get a step on a guy on the way to the hoop for a slam dunk.

Kobe is the best player in the league that can shoot that long jump shot while is is in the air, falling backwards away from the basket. Usually with a guy sticking his hand in his face. I have no idea how he seems to always make that kind of shot. It's practically impossible to defend without fouling.

Is it really true that the 1 sec elapsed before LJ made that miracle 3-er???

This clown was supposed to send me this "YouTube" clip that showed the clock truly expired...

Curious CAL

I was watching the game. It was a good shot.

And that might be the difference between the two. Jordan probably would have been able to win a title WITH Cleveland.

If you really believe this, you did not follow MJ's career closely enough. Not to take anything away from him but Cleveland would not even be a playoff contender without James. Even Jordan, as great as he was, couldn't win championships without a good supporting cast.

Even Jordan, as great as he was, couldn't win championships without a good supporting cast.

Agreed. People tend to forget that MJ had Pippen making 20-6-6 (sometimes better than that), Grant (and later, Rodman) cleaning 10+ rebounds, as well as an all-around excellent defensive team. Certainly they wouldn't be able to do much without him (enter the playoffs and that's pretty much it), but I'm not so certain he would make it either (at least not on that level) without the other guys (especially Scottie).

Now, of course, if MJ had a supporting cast equal to what Magic Johnson had in the 80's, he'd probably finish most seasons undefeated (or close to it) :sumo: