• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

74 DCs To Go - READJUSTED FOR 2004.

66 posts in this topic

I've readjusted the list to include all the stuff that's gone missing in the post. Luckily I've found some of it (but not much) elsewhere.

This is right up to date as of January 1st 2004.

Happy New Year to everyone, and especially to all the wonderful guys who've helped me track down stuff. I hope I complete the entire set this year.

THE 74 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS / ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27, 70

THE ADVENTURES OF JERRY LEWIS - 51

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET - 5

ALL AMERICAN - 50, 89, 91

ALL FUNNY - 11, 15

ANIMAL ANTICS / MOVIE TOWN ANIMAL ANTICS - 45, 49

BATMAN LEGACY Trade Paperback

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

COMIC CAVALCADE - 15, 46, 60

DALE EVANS COMICS - 22

A DATE WITH JUDY - 15, 54, 57

DETECTIVE COMICS - 2, 3, 4, 5, 27, 29

DOUBLE ACTION - 1, 2 (Number 1 is probably an ashcan)

EVERYTHING HAPPENS TO HARVEY - 6

FALLING IN LOVE - 69, 73, 79, 80

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 82, 97

FUNNY STUFF - 27, 34, 36, 37

GIRLS LOVE STORIES - 11, 84, 87

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

HOPALONG CASSIDY - 99, 115, 134

HOUSE OF MYSTERY - 17

IT'S GAMETIME - 3

LEADING COMICS / LEADING SCREEN - 20, 31, 47, 68, 71, 77

LEAVE IT TO BINKY - 50

MISS BEVERLY HILLS OF HOLLYWOOD - 7

MORE FUN - 10

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 1, 6, 12, 15

SECRET HEARTS - 3

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES - 5

YOUNG ROMANCE - 128

THE TWO GREAT DC MYSTERIES

DRAGONLANCE Annual - 1 (1990 - If it exists !!!!)

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS ANNUALS - 5 (1987 - If It Exists)

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

ANIMANIACS EMERGENCY WORLD - 1

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

ATARI FORCE MINI COMIC - 5

AURORA GIVEAWAYS - Superman, Batman, Superboy, Robin

BATMAN ADVENTURES BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1

BATMAN PRELL SHAMPOO GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN REVELL GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5

DC HORIZONS - 2, 3, 12 onwards

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

HAPPY TOOTH - 1

KELLOGGS CINAMMON MINI BUNS SUPER HEROES - 3, 4

LOONEY TUNES CLARITIN PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1

LOONEY TUNES COLGATE PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1

LOONEY TUNES TYSON PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

LIONEL PLAYWORLD DC SUPER HEROES - 4, 5, 6

MAGAZINELAND - 1

MAN OF STEEL BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1

MASK MINI-COMICS - 2, 3

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE DC PROMOTIONAL SERIES - 8, 9, 10, 11 (There are eleven and I got seven of them, but they're not all numbered.)

MICHAEL MOORCOCK'S MULTIVERSE Preview - 1

POWERPUFF GIRLS BURGER KING EDITION - 1

SHAZAM VISITS PORTLAND OREGON - 1

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES Preview - 1

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES TITUS GAME EDITION - 1

SUPERMAN AND THE GREAT CLEVELAND FIRE - 1

SUPERMAN KENNER GIVEAWAY - 3 (with Batman)

SUPERMAN'S BUDDY - 1

SUPERMAN & WONDER WOMAN - The Hidden Killer LANDMINES COMIC - 1

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL SPECIAL MPI EDITION - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, March 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, December 44, January 45, February 45, March 45, April 45, May 45, June 45, July 45, August 45, September 45, October 45, November 45, December 45, January 46, February 46, March 46, April 46, May 46, June 46, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, November 46, December 46, January 47, February 47, March 47, April 47, May 47, June 47, September 47, October 47, November 47, January 48, March 48, May 48, June 48, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, August 49, October 49, November 49, January 50, February 50, March 50, April 50, May 50

SUPER POWERS COLLECTION MINI COMIC - 22

SWORDQUEST - 3

TWISTED METAL - 1

WARLORD REMCO TOY GIVEAWAY - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1, 2

WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES VITAMINS GIVEAWAY - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 3, 5, 6 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

MILITARY COMICS - 16

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 10, 11, 12, 14, 20, 23, 24, 40, 41, 44

Ian, You may want to know that there are a few Superman-Tim's not listed in Overstreet. I had 2 of them. I also saw a third one that the owner said was not listed at San Diego last year.

Timely

Ian, You may want to know that there are a few Superman-Tim's not listed in Overstreet. I had 2 of them. I also saw a third one that the owner said was not listed at San Diego last year.

I didn't get the list from Overstreet, I got it from Jerome Wenker, who's been collecting DCs all his life. He even sold me a Superman Tim that wasn't listed in Overstreet

Funny Stuff #34 is an auction on eBay (In case you missed it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2214339430&category=71

http://www.dougcomicworld.com/INVENTORY-DCInStock.doc

ALL-AMERICAN MEN OF WAR #127(#1;1952),#2(Dec/1952-Jan/1953),3,11-13, 15,16,18,19,21,27,36-38,40-50,52-54,57,59,61-68,76, 70-82,84-117;

They seem to have #50, #89, and #91although I thought you already regularly go through Doug Sulipa.

ALL-AMERICAN MEN OF WAR #127(#1;1952),#2(Dec/1952-Jan/1953),3,11-13, 15,16,18,19,21,27,36-38,40-50,52-54,57,59,61-68,76, 70-82,84-117;

They seem to have #50, #89, and #91although I thought you already regularly go through Doug Sulipa.

I do.

I have every single All American Men Of War there ever was.

It's All American 50, 89, and 91 I need. Completely different comic.

Can you please explain what a "Tim" is? Thanks!

The Tim Stores had their own monthly magazine, which between 1942 and 1950 has an exclusive deal with Dc to feature Superman in every issue of their monthly giveaway.

There was also a Tim Club. Maybe the comics came with membership.

I may be wrong but memory tells me they had something to do with shoes.

Ian, Did you know that Superman-Tim was not the only "Tim" books from DC? The Superman issues get 99% of the attention, but it's the other ones that are rarely seen!

What other ones ????

I was told that all the other Tim mags had nothing to do with DC whatsoever.

Please elaborate..........

Well you are correct in a way. None of the Tim issues are really from DC, but you do collect other series where a DC comic turns into another series and vice-versa.

Here is how the series begins.

Superman-Tim becomes Tim

Tim becomes Gene Autry Tim

Gene Autry Tim becomes Tim in Space

Tim in Space becomes Tim Tomorrow

Thought you might want to know.

Timely

Well you are correct in a way. None of the Tim issues are really from DC, but you do collect other series where a DC comic turns into another series and vice-versa.

Here is how the series begins.

Superman-Tim becomes Tim

Tim becomes Gene Autry Tim

Gene Autry Tim becomes Tim in Space

Tim in Space becomes Tim Tomorrow

Thought you might want to know.

I did know about these. There were even some Tims pre-Superman going right back to the 1920s, but only the 94 Superman Tims are DCs, from 1942 to 1950.

Thanks for the information though. I could easily not have known. Keep 'em coming.

Are you aware of all the versions of the landmine book? DC printed 560,000 in Spanish and 90,000 in English. The Bosnia landmine book (as opposed to the Central America one) was in Cyrillic and English.

Has the 3rd one come out? The one for Angola in Portugese?

For the landmine books, you may want to contact the embassies of Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica, as that was where they were distributed.

Just found this! It is pretty old, but you never know!

For interviews or sample copies of the comic book, please contact: Jay Strell USUN 212/415-4050, Martha Thomases, DC Comics, 212/636-5450; Marsha Zeesman, UNICEF, 212/326-7136; and Lt. Col. William Darley, Department of Defense Public Affairs, 703/697-1848.

Are you aware of all the versions of the landmine book? DC printed 560,000 in Spanish and 90,000 in English. The Bosnia landmine book (as opposed to the Central America one) was in Cyrillic and English.

Has the 3rd one come out? The one for Angola in Portugese?

I do not have any copy of the Central America one at all, or even know anyone who has a copy.

The Bosnia one I picked up is in the foreign language. I was told (maybe incorrectly) that there never was a copy in English. Can you confirm ????

There never was a third one, so I'm told.

Psyops Warrior

The U.S. Government and the United Nations joined with DC Comics, a division of Time Warner Entertainment Co.,in 1996 to produce a special Superman comic book entitled Superman - Deadly Legacy. The idea for the mine awareness comic book was sparked by a comment by First Lady Hillary Clinton during her visit to Bosnia. She reviewed a mine awareness coloring book for young children, and asked what was being done for the older children. It was created to aid landmine awareness among children in the Former Yugoslavia and was printed in both the Cyrillic alphabet used by Serbs and the Roman alphabet used by Croats and Muslims. Half a million Superman books were shipped to Bosnia and Kosovo. Superman was chosen to spread the message because "he is a citizen of the world". Text on the back is, "Superman has come to help the children of Bosnia-Herzegovina! But even when he can’t be here, you can keep yourself safe from landmines." In regard to the comic book for Bosnia, UNICEF and the Mine Action Center lent their endorsement to the project. They said that there are 130,000 copies of the comic in Latin and Cyrillic, and 35,000 in English. There are also 35,000 copies of the poster in each of the alphabets. The priority for distribution is to children in hospitals, orphanages, refugee camps, and schools.

The Kosovo version of the comic book was released in the school system through UNICEF and through non-governmental organizations (NGOs) operating in the area. Originally, the Kosovo version of the comic book was designed for children in the refugee camps. The comic book was designed to teach children to stay away from landmines and unexploded ordinance (UXO), to recognize areas where mines may be located, and to take certain actions if they find a mine. The comic book also encourages children to share their understanding of the landmine threat with friends and family members and teaches them that deminers working in their country are protecting them from dangerous landmines. The Bosnia-Kosovo version of the comic book depicts Superman protecting two young children from mines, while the dog of one child is severely injured. They meet a boy who has lost his legs, and later save a girl who has wandered into deep grass. It is a wonderful joining of the military and commercial sector to save lives.

A second comic book in Spanish was released for children in Latin America on 11 June 1998. It is entitled Superman and Wonder Woman - the Hidden Killer. The Central American book is 32 pages long, compared to 10 pages for the Bosnia version. The second book includes 24 pages of story and eight pages of activities targeting children between 8 and 15. Text on the back is "Superman and Wonder Woman have come to help the children of Central America! But even when they cannot be here, you can keep yourself safe from landmines. This book tells of the story of brothers Miguel, Diego, and sister Gabriella. One brother suddenly finds himself in a minefield. He is rescued by the super-heroes, shown some mine-warning signs, and then introduced to a military deminer. Later, Gabriella washing clothes in a stream also comes upon a mine. She is saved by Wonder Woman. The children are shown signs and posters depicting different mines and meet a child who has been injured. They then kick their soccer ball into an area that sets off another mine. The book contains a number of mine warning stickers, and features a two-page scene depicting a countryside with various signs and clues of hidden mine fields. The reader is urged to place the stickers on those sites. It closes with a 10-point quiz and the warning: "Spread the word: Mines Kill!" The comic books are distributed through U.S. embassies, and presented to the Ministries of Education in Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. A U.S. Southern Command Mine Awareness Team assists the host ministries of education in the distribution. The initial printing was Six hundred fifty thousand copies of the book, 560,000 in Spanish and 90,000 in English. Mine-awareness posters based on the comic book, 170,000 in Spanish and 30,000 in English, are distributed in Latin America. Similar posters were used in Bosnia campaign.

A third version of the comic book will be published in Portuguese for the children of Angola, which the United Nations estimates has 15 million land mines. The release date for the third comic book is unknown. "I can think of nothing more rewarding than to know that Superman and Wonder Woman have leapt beyond the pages of the comics to save real lives," said Jeanette Kahn, President of DC Comics. DC Comics donated the use of the Superman and Wonder Woman characters and worked closely with the Department of Defense and UNICEF to make sure that the stories and artwork would be specific to the host countries.

U.S. GOVERNMENT AND UNITED NATIONS ENLIST SUPERMAN AND WONDER WOMAN IN LANDMINE AWARENESS CAMPAIGN

What all these long winded old press releases don't seem to agree upon is exactly how many different versions there were.... cryllic, roman, croatian, English, Spanish etc etc

Can anyone tell me in one easy to read sentence ????

Rube 11 just sent me a link to a site called Bunky Brothers. I scoured it but the only thing I found was a Leading 20 which turned out not to be a DC.

Was there a different Leading comic made by someone called B&L or something like that, or was it a misprint ???

Anyone know ????